I wish I still had this!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul61 said:
Thanks Mark.........tell ya what, I'll do the fab. work & you do the body!
I HATE body work.
From memory, I think it's an Pinto rack ?
That's a baby dominator (1050).
My dream was to use Crower injection...........loved the way they did their BB Chev version.........those odd length pipes stickin through the hood.......MAN!
Re. the Vega with the TH400........I raced a 400 for a few years as glides were not strong enough back in the 80's for anything over 3000 lbs.
Once we got the 400 figured out with a rev. pattern (iron) valve body and H.D.
sprag, it was bullet proof.
The converter was the same (5000 stall)......once we found a reputable source, no problems , bullet proof.
Unfortunately, we busted a few of each @ the start.

Sorry Paul,
I don't do anymore paint work,I did it for a living for about 20 years and I'm so burned out on it.
My Vega was a street car till I sold it,then it got a BB w/glide.The guy put the front end about 4' in the air on the launch.Watching that made me wonder why I sold it.

Good looking car Paul! Sounds like it got on down the track pretty decent too.

I used to run some IHRA Bracket races and had a few different rides. My latest was a Chassis Engineering built car with a Hairy Glass '97 Camaro body on it. It had a fuel injected (alcohol) 509 with a powerglide and Ford 9" rear. All the local tracks around here only 1/8 mile, especially the bracket races and it would 5.20's around 135 mph with 1.14 60' times. I always wanted to put some 4.30 gears in it and run the 1/4 just to see what it would do. I had drove some very ILL handling cars before this one that you had no idea what they were gonna do when they left the line but this one was a dream to drive. Had to quit racing and sell it because my desire to go faster was far greater than my pocketbook would allow. I'll try and scan afew pics of it to post.

Sounds nice Unc!
Always wanted a fuel setup, would have run a Crower unit on gas.
I enjoyed the 1/8th mile over the 1/4.
Raced @ Lancaster Speedway in Buffalo, they had a 1/8 strip on a straight away of their 1/2 mile (?) track.
Was there one Friday night when a mini tornado went through the place as a couple of S/G cars were running, it caught the chute of one car and spun it 360!
Look forward to your pics.

Paul

Back