IDEM Proposed regs for outdoor hydronic heaters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in PA and we are fighting a similar battle. You need to do a bit of organizing and get in touch with your state reps. I am on record in other posts here as agreeing that not everyone has a location suitable for an OWB, however for those that do, this type of regulation is excessive and intrusive.

I have no problem with some common sense type of regs, but this type of broad sweeping legislation is simply unacceptable. Start lobbying your reps now before it gets too much of a hold and see if it can be squashed now.

And do not think for a minute if you have an indoor stove that you are safe. These people just will not stop. Give in to this and tomorrow they want that.

:agree2:

This is a threat to all wood burning, be it owb, fireplace, stove, EPA cert stove. You name it, it will be taken one piece at a time if you let it.

Similar story going on here in Vermont. From the local paper today.

BURLINGTON — A state lawmaker wants to help Vermonters replace inefficient and dirty outdoor wood-fired boilers.
The Burlington Free Press says one outdoor wood boiler creates as much air pollution as 1,000 oil furnaces and that emissions can trigger asthma attacks and possibly other health problems.
Sen. Ginny Lyons has introduced a bill to help buy back some of the boilers using some of the $360,000 a year Vermont will receive for three years from a settlement of an air pollution lawsuit.
Lyons’ bill would require that all old furnaces to be phased out by 2016.

Very interesting. Wonder if I can get a few grand and trade-in value on a new E-Classic? I have no objection to replacing my existing OWB as long as the goobermint isn't forcing me to do it.

Latest posts

Back