Identify fruit tree??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roberta

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi everyone, you sure came to my rescue when it was time to identify a floss silk tree!

I have another question: I have moved into a new place and there is a "mystery" tree in my back yard. I have two tangerine, one grapefruit, one lemon, a huge fig, and a deciduous tree that is just now showing white blossoms with very small oval-shaped light green leaves. The leaves are just now coming out - they're about 1/2" - 3/4" long.

The trunk and branches are smooth with a reddish/grayish cast to them. It is planted in the ground, the trunk has a diameter of about 8", and it's approximately 7' tall.

I realize that isn't much of a description, but can anyone identify this for me?

Thanks very much, Roberta

I'll try to remember to take a picture tomorrow morning before I leave for work. Great idea!!
: )

I hope it is a cherry. Lots of cherry trees in this area (Santa Clara Valley) before buildings came along. I'm at least hoping for a fruit tree!

Found out what it is!

The head gardener of the gardening service stopped by yesterday to introduce himself and he told me it's a plum tree.

Oh well. Not crazy about plums. Maybe I'll make jam.

As my friend Gil says, when life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Thanks very much guys!!

Roberta

Latest posts

Back