Idiot gets lucky. Found clutch spider!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nardoo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I lost the clutch spider of my Poulan 3400 Countervibe last week by blasting it off down the paddock at a thousand mph. I spent a couple of fruitless hours searching before giving up. I posted my misery here and was fortified by tales of other members' stupidity and was even offered a new spider (thanks Modifiedmark).

Today I was in an adjoining paddoch spraying weeds and what do you think I found? Yes! The blasted spider lying innocently in the grass about 75metres from where I had been looking.

Looks like all the clean living has paid off.:smile2:

P3260754.jpg

Al.

I was working on a Stihl 660 last week and did the same thing. Had a senior moment I guess. I fire that hussy up and the clutch came off and bounced and dinged all over my shop. I was taking cover it was like standing in a shoting Gallery.

The drum took a left turn and went out the door like you said at a zillion mph and went 40 yards out through the yard. I found it all and put it back together and THIS TIME I tightened it up. It happens to the best of us sometimes. You just joined the club.
Joe

Last fall we were clearing a landing of left over fire ravaged bark beetle infested logs.
attachment.php

One of my cutting partners (that's him in the pic) lost one of the bar nuts off his 038, it apparently fell down between the logs as he was buzzing away at a log near the top of the pile. No problem, goes to the truck grabs another bar nut and continues cutting.
A week later were back whacking up some more and there is another guy there buzzing away with his Husky. As we are loading the trucks he walks over and hands me a bar nut and says Maybe you guys can use this I see you all run Stihls. It was Mark's Bar nut.
Granted it was only a bar nut, but how lucky is that.
:msp_thumbup:

I lost part of my Chain tensioner (on my dirtbike) out in my horse pasture (an 8 acre field) I made another part at work since I couldn't find it, a week later my 1 year old donkey was standing at the gate with a shiney piece of aluminum in his mouth, holding it between his teeth so I could see it. He found it and brought it to me :msp_biggrin:

I lost part of my Chain tensioner (on my dirtbike) out in my horse pasture (an 8 acre field) I made another part at work since I couldn't find it, a week later my 1 year old donkey was standing at the gate with a shiney piece of aluminum in his mouth, holding it between his teeth so I could see it. He found it and brought it to me :msp_biggrin:

Sorry but I got to do this.
Now that's a real smartass for ya!!!

I sent one flying the other day...those suckers can sure travel.....I had to get a magnet to get it out from under my bench...it missed the window in front of my bench by inches

Back