If your a chainsaw user!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihl here

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I say get yourself a stihl ms361... It just works for most use... Try one...

:agree2:
just put a new ( Third one ) bar on my 034 av electronic , good little saw no doubt about it .
still trying to decide whether to open the muffler up or not on that saw

You probably could but the baffle in mine has such big holes there's not really need to. It's pretty loud stock so I assume that since it's old it has the less restricted muffler and the small gains from a muff mod wouldn't be worth it. :cheers: to a good saw.

I keep looking for an 036 for what I paid for the 034. I would just swap out for an 034 super cylinder but the 034 runs too good to be hacking it open.

When I had my 034 the first time (story there), I put an 036 muffler on it. It made a difference. I dont know why, but I LOVE the 034's. Awesome saw!

When I had my 034 the first time (story there), I put an 036 muffler on it. It made a difference. I dont know why, but I LOVE the 034's. Awesome saw!

Yeah I didn't understand the old Stihl grunt until I got the 034. Mine has a
16'' 3/8 .058 that will stay buried in hardwood all day everyday and the saw keeps going like nothing. The only bad thing I can say about it is the air filter gets dirty quicker than I'd like. IMO it's quite possibly the best firewood saw ever.
I've seen pics of 034 baffles on here and mine is way more open than the ones I've seen, probably because it's a really old saw. Of course I'll have to get an 036 muffler one of these days, if for no reason than to stockpile parts for my favorite saw. :cheers:

i probly wont, its underpowerd for its size and price. plus to many here like it its never to cool to blend in with the crowd

no point, my old pro mac 610 is still going ok, besides the outrages prices for Stihl over here their just not worth it.

I love my 361. I have the same starting problems evryone else seems to have (some other thread) but its still worth it. That's just a nice saw IMHO.

ms361 owners

Found this on CL. Thought someone might be interested.

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-02-18, 4:16PM CST

I have a bucket of parts from a broken Stihl 361 chainsaw.
Carb, crank case w/rod & piston not to good, side cover, clutch parts
handle, cover, electronics, oiler. No bar or chain
Whole bucket $70
Email or call Joe at 612-751-7979

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/grd/1040409827.html

Found this on CL. Thought someone might be interested.

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-02-18, 4:16PM CST

I have a bucket of parts from a broken Stihl 361 chainsaw.
Carb, crank case w/rod & piston not to good, side cover, clutch parts
handle, cover, electronics, oiler. No bar or chain
Whole bucket $70
Email or call Joe at 612-751-7979

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/grd/1040409827.html

Sounds like someone tried saving money on dealer maintenance and fixed it a little too good...:monkey:

Sorry boys, I love the 034/036 saws as much as anyone. But they dont hold a candle to the 361. Better all the way around saw. Of course price is always a factor, and I understand the posts representing that. Price removed, the 361 is pretty close to as good as a 60cc saw can get in my book. I have ran an 036 Pro, 036, 034, and a 361 all side by side (yeah, my family is partial to the 034/036 saws). Everyone was impressed with the 361. Now 2 besides myself own one!

Back