Illinois-Iowa-Missouri Get-together August 4th 2007

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
I am planning a vintage saw get-together for August 4th, 2007. It will be held just outside Hamilton Illinois. Hamilton is just a couple miles from Keokuk Iowa and Alexandria Missouri. It is right in the corner of the tri-state area. It will be held in conjunction with the Western Illinois Threshers show. Their board is meeting Thursday night (May 17) and they will give me a final decision but I do not anticipate any problems. This is a very well ran family oriented tractor show and it will be a real fun weekend event. I would really appeciate a decent turnout as this is several hours from my home and I will doing a lot of planning based on speculation. If any one has questions let me know. At this time I do not have a firm plan as to classes but I am hoping there will be some serious interest here that will drive how the show will evolve.

Sincerely.
Bill

Mike,

I would love it if you could make it. It is a real nice tractor show. Saturday is a big day and I believe we will be scheduled between Noon and 2PM. I told Fred that we would put on about a 30 minute show but that is just for scheduling. The length is not a issue, we can cut all day. I have to figure out how to get logs, stands, and saws all down there. I will do it somehow. I believe in the "Field of Dreams" concept: "If you build it they will come" If I can make this a success I will go after those hard heads over at Mt Pleasant.

Bill

I could always use a tractor show and saws would be icing on the cake! I'll keep an eye on the calendar and see if it works out for me, according to Maquest it's 222 miles from me. That's doable!

I'll try to make it if I can get a kitchen pass for that day. Never been to a GTG. It's about 30 miles for me.

Bill how far is it from your place? I could try to swing a day trip down there. You about 3 hrs from here right?
Headin south in about a month for TN again. Got some our baler parts down there to get picked up. Then I will slide ove to the TN river and eat some of that great catfish ! Then I am going raidin on a pile of old saws at a few shops.
Bob

I am only 45 minutes from hamilton. I always liked the hamilton show much better than mt. pleasant.

We go to Mt Plesant every year. It is great weekend show but they will not allow running saws in. I have never went over to Lake Argyle to see how the competition does the same weekend. I have my major problems with some issues in the way Mt P is ran but I have to admit it is one of the best shows in the North America

Bill

Bill how far is it from your place? I could try to swing a day trip down there. You about 3 hrs from here right?
Headin south in about a month for TN again. Got some our baler parts down there to get picked up. Then I will slide ove to the TN river and eat some of that great catfish ! Then I am going raidin on a pile of old saws at a few shops.
Bob

Well this is a interesting point. I checked mapquest and Darlington WI to Hamilton IL is only 236 miles 4hrs 3 minutes. That seems very quick. It has you going over to Iowa City when 61through Muscatine is a direct route. I then checked Darlington WI to Muscatine IA and it is 2 hr 34 minutes and 143 miles. I then looked at Muscatine to Hamilton and it is 1 hr 46 minutes and 84 miles. You can figure from there. It takes me about 3 hrs to get to either your place or Hamilton but I giess I am a real slow poke. On a sside note I am headed your way for the opening round of the Timbersports series so we need to get together on saws you want to get rid of.

Bill

Sounds interesting. I'll try to make it if I can get authorization from the Mrs. to come down there.

I would love to see you there. I realaize it is a long drive. It shows under 8 hrs from you to Hamilton.

Bill

Last edited:
Where is the timber sports going to be at? Just give me a date and a call. We can get somethign worked out. I just might have to run down for the day to the GTG, it does not sound that far away.
Bob

Where is the timber sports going to be at? Just give me a date and a call. We can get somethign worked out. I just might have to run down for the day to the GTG, it does not sound that far away.
Bob

Bob,

The series will be in Dubuque the second weekend in June,

Bill

How far are the show grounds from the airport? I might blast over with a Merc and Disston if I get it done in time.

Bob

I am going to try and make it Bill, sounds like fun. I have your number so I'll give you a call sometime this week for more details. My son would also like to go too.

Larry

Bill,
I will catch up with you in Dubuque. I hope to have the old diesel up and purring by then and bring the saws down with me. I never knew you could do so much damage in a trans in so few miles. This rebuild cost me $60 toward hard parts.
Later
Bob

How far are the show grounds from the airport? I might blast over with a Merc and Disston if I get it done in time.

Bob

Bob,

I am not sure where the closest manned airport is but it may be possible to land on site.

Bill

Bill,
I will catch up with you in Dubuque. I hope to have the old diesel up and purring by then and bring the saws down with me. I never knew you could do so much damage in a trans in so few miles. This rebuild cost me $60 toward hard parts.
Later
Bob

Bob,

I need to figure out a schedule. We will need to talk next week about details.

Bill

Latest posts

Back