I'm looking for a used dump truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberwerks

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My budget is very limited $5,000.00 or under for a used 1 ton dump. This will be used for firewood deliveries. WI truck prefered.

Dale

I have a truck I need to sell in that price range. How soon do you need it. Is a 1 ton like a F350? This truck is has 26,000 lb GVW.

I'm looking to get something this month. Yes, a F350 would be a 1 ton. I would also be interested in a 3/4 ton pickup if I can't find a dump.

dale

My dad has a 1.5 ton international with very low miles and it is in good shape just throw a flat on it and you would be set. If you don't know much about the inter it is low profile and is twice as heavy duty in the rearend as all other ton trucks. His name is **** his number is 502 226 6193

No problem. I'm kind of holding out to find something in the area. When I wasn't looking for a truck I would see ones sitting with a for sale sign every few miles. Now that I'm looking they are few and far between.

Dale

I think truck ratings are funny.....a 1 tons can haul anywhere from 8000-12000 lbs in the bed.....a 1.5 tons can haul up to 17000lbs....I never could figure out the weight rating things. Like how come when you run a farm tag in KY(which I do) you are allowed a gvwr of 38000 lbs. Even if you put the tag on a station wagon. And how come my Ford Super Duty running a bags, 3 extra leaves, vac over hydro trailer brakes, and a electronic under drive unit can be 38000 lbs at the scales but my 1700 international has to be less then 26000lbs? This kills me.

I have a straight truck for moving a tractor and my super duty for running logs....Doesn't this seem wrong? What a great system of ratings we have in place.....

Latest posts

Back