I'm working on a STIHL of a deal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA Certified Abnormality-Free.
. AS Supporting Member.
I've wanted an MS-461R for some time now. But the stars haven't been in alignment.......until now. :dancing:

Found a dealer with one in stock. He says he'll drop $100.00 off the MSRP of $1159.00 and do $1059.00 and no sales tax. I didn't even have to ask. :surprised3:

So far that's great. Now, I just have to wait for my American Express Card application to be approved. They have a promotion going on. If you spend $1000.00 within three months of getting your card, they will credit your account $250.00.

That means my total out-of-pocket cost for that lovely MS-461R will be $809.00:happy:

Now.....it's just a matter of waiting for the card to arrive. :havingarest:

mesupra

mesupra

Mainer
Or you just could have bought a real saw for 20% off on black friday. J/k that's a great way to take advantage of what credit card companies are offering

USMC615

USMC615

Wood's Tougher Than Woodpecker Lips...
I've wanted an MS-461R for some time now. But the stars haven't been in alignment.......until now. :dancing:

Found a dealer with one in stock. He says he'll drop $100.00 off the MSRP of $1159.00 and do $1059.00 and no sales tax. I didn't even have to ask. :surprised3:

So far that's great. Now, I just have to wait for my American Express Card application to be approved. They have a promotion going on. If you spend $1000.00 within three months of getting your card, they will credit your account $250.00.

That means my total out-of-pocket cost for that lovely MS-461R will be $809.00:happy:

Liking that theory and the way that deal is sounding...

opinion

opinion

ArboristSite Guru
$100 off list, no sales tax and accepting an Amex. Seems fishy.

$1,159.95 is the dsrp on a 25", minus $75.00 until 441's are back. So current dsrp is $1,084.95.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

. AS Supporting Member.
$100 off list, no sales tax and accepting an Amex. Seems fishy.

$1,159.95 is the dsrp on a 25", minus $75.00 until 441's are back. So current dsrp is $1,084.95.

The dealer is in Oregon. No state sales tax there. My brother lives there and is willing to pick it up for me and bring it up when he comes for Christmas.

Last time I checked, an American Express Card is just as good as any other credit card.

What's so fishy..............:rolleyes:

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

. AS Supporting Member.
ahh Oregon. I thought he was paying the tax. So you're getting $25 off the current dsrp. Still good.

I'm not familiar with DSRP and it's pricing guidelines. All I know is MSRP. With a 28" bar, it's $1159.00.

Obviously, the biggest bonus is the credit card offer. I watch for them and usually make out like a bandit. Umm, make that "always make out". ;)

LRains

LRains

ArboristSite Member
Dealer suggested retail price, It's the same as MSRP. American Express is a widely accepted card, carried one for years in business. If you can use the 250 towards your payment awesome if not buy a few chains and other goodies..

MontanaTed

MontanaTed

Addict
@2123 was it you that had the tree fall on you dad's car? Was looking for that post again but can't seem to find it. (ok I didn't look real hard either), but just wondering how that turned out with the insurance company....

dogdad

dogdad

ArboristSite Operative

I think it's $150 back...don't see any offered with $250 back.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

. AS Supporting Member.
@2123 was it you that had the tree fall on you dad's car? Was looking for that post again but can't seem to find it. (ok I didn't look real hard either), but just wondering how that turned out with the insurance company....

Yes.....it was my father's 1995 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer Edition. Allstate called just today and said that they would total it out and send him a check for $4120.65. He had comprehensive coverage with 0 deductible on it.

That's way over what Kelly Blue Book said that it was worth in excellent condition. Their valuation was under $3K.

I asked them what the salvage value was and they said $163.00. I told them that I would keep it for that and they agreed. There's plenty of good parts on it that weren't damaged. Engine / transmission is fine, as well as the all leather seats inside. Battery is only a few months old and it has a full tank of gas in it.

One of the guys that removed the fallen tree from it's roof told me that he'd be interested in it if the salvage price was right. I'm going to call him tomorrow, tell him to come back out and take a closer look at it, and we'll then discuss a price.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

. AS Supporting Member.
I think it's $150 back...don't see any offered with $250 back.

Nope.....it's $250.00 back in the form of a statement credit, and I have the offer sitting right here in front of me. It's a limited time offer, and expires 1-25-2016. I know credit cards, and wouldn't make that kind of an elementary mistake.

And....it's 0 % interest on purchases / bal. transfers for 15 months, and no annual fee.

MontanaTed

MontanaTed

Addict
Nice sounds like it worked out pretty well. I talked to a friend of mine who lives there and he said it was unreal watching 100'+ tress tipping over. Glad it worked out, and nice if you part it out you have Spaldings there to maybe sell parts too.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

. AS Supporting Member.
Nice sounds like it worked out pretty well. I talked to a friend of mine who lives there and he said it was unreal watching 100'+ tress tipping over. Glad it worked out, and nice if you part it out you have Spaldings there to maybe sell parts too.

We're supposed to have more winds tomorrow, from about 8am to 4pm, in excess of 40-50 mph.

Lots of very nervous people I tell ya............:crazy2:

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

. AS Supporting Member.
Seems like a good thing goin on here.

I got my last 461R for 949.00 OTD..i have no clue why prices are all over the place.

I've been trying to work a deal of sorts with the local ACE Hardware stores in the area.

All are sticking to their "chiseled in stone" pricing...........:angry:

MontanaTed

MontanaTed

Addict
Yeah I heard that, you've had rain again too which doesn't help, soft soil. Been blowing like mad on the other side of the divide for the last few days. Hopefully it'll work out ok!

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

. AS Supporting Member.
Yeah I heard that, you've had rain again too which doesn't help, soft soil. Been blowing like mad on the other side of the divide for the last few days. Hopefully it'll work out ok!

Yup....and lots of rain to boot!

I'm holding my breath and keeping my fingers crossed that the neighbor's trees hold their ground.

Latest posts