In defense of dealers... The MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never works that way with the PRO saws. If I had a 210 here, I might be tempted to do something to get rid of it, but it is already cheaper than a 211, so someone wallet shopping would buy it.

Do you think if I had a dozen new in the box 440s in the attic, I would have to drop the price to sell them???

People love the 361 and they will just be looking for one available for sale, not a discount!

well, the pro saws trend is a little atypical compared to other stuff. Generally, people like newer products and expect them to be better than older generations, so I know where Sawz is coming from. Might not be needed in this case though for this particular crowd, but non saw buff customers will take a newer model always over an elder model for the same price.

I just remember my wife buying a new car some 7 years ago. We had a certain car in mind and went to the dealer. He had one in stock, price was within budget, I was ready to pull the trigger and than suddenly the dealer mentioned that a new model was going to come out after a few months. New models are always more expensive when they come out, so I had no problem buying the old car, but my wife said 'no way', if I buy a new car, I want a new model.

I was very thankful that the dealer was very open and honoust about the whole deal, so I told him we would wait for the new car to come out. The guy missed a sale at that point, but I made it a promise to buy the new car at his place. He smiled but apparently did not take me serious. So I made a deal with my wife she could have the new model, but she had to buy it with that particular dealer. So we did, and the car dealer was all smiles again when he saw me back. I pulled all my Tom Hall tricks to get a decent price, but the car dealer became almost a friend later on. Honesty pays in the long run.

Last edited:
If I have ever made a post that was offensive to Stihl dealers, mechanics,or anyone else for that matter, Then I apologize Now to all.

Most likely my post about the 362 was offensive to some, even though the post was done in jest.

It seems that some members can say what they please, but I suppose I have not been around long enough for that.

Better sign off before I piz someone else off.

well, the pro saws trend is a little atypical compared to other stuff. Generally, people like newer products and expect them to be better than older generations, so I know where Sawz is coming from. Might not be needed in this case though for this particular crowd, but non saw buff customers will take a newer model always over an elder model for the same price.

I just remember my wife buying a new car some 7 years ago. We had a certain car in mind and went to the dealer. He had one in stock, price was within budget, I was ready to pull the trigger and than suddenly the dealer mentioned that a new model was going to come out after a few months. New models are always more expensive when they come out, so I had no problem buying the old car, but my wife said 'no way', if I buy a new car, I want a new model.

I was very thankful that the dealer was very open and honoust about the whole deal, so I told him we would wait for the new car to come out. The guy missed a sale at that point, but I made it a promise to buy the new car at his place. He smiled but apparently did not take me serious. So I made a deal with my wife she could have the new model, but she had to buy it with that particular dealer. So we did, and the car dealer was all smiles again when he saw me back. I pulled all my Tom Hall tricks to get a decent price, but the car dealer became almost a friend later on. Honesty pays in the long run.

Roland,

So, what you're saying is that you've been to the shed with a car salesman? You realize you stihl have time to delete the post?

ole joat

you guys are correct treat your dealer with respect and they will help you out, found out some info on huskys new saw and when it will be released, because like many say, show respect and it is given, p.s., sounds amazing, lots of torque!!

Roland,

So, what you're saying is that you've been to the shed with a car salesman? You realize you stihl have time to delete the post?

ole joat

No, no, that's not what I'm saying....LOL.
What I meant to say is that this car dealer was so glad to get rid of me after discussing prices in his back room, that he almost gave that car for FREE.....:cheers:

Latest posts

Back