In order to create havoc, would you have grabbed em ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gumneck

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Saw a new looking bar sticking out of someones trash day refuse one day a couple weeks ago and couldn't resist. Initially just rode by and said couldn't be anything decent but 300 ft later I said to myself what if there's a Husky 272 attached to that bar or a Poulan 245....imagination got the best of me so went around the block, returned and started digging......BLUE MAX....phfffttttttt !
Still took em. One fires with shot in carb. Maybe make one with both and parts to sweeten up a flip deal.
Blue Max trash can saws.jpg

oh yeah definitely would have grabbed them. Just the bar and chain would be worth it likely. The powerheads, ehhh if they work with easy fixin OK, otherwise part-out and/or use them for target practice or scrap metal if the P/C are toast (straight-gassed?)

I serviced one last fall for a friend. Chain brake assembly is a design mess. Looks like one in the picture has lost its brake. I think he eventually cut the chain brake off with a hacksaw rather than mess with it. The engine and oiler still ran surprisingly well.

I'd have picked them, those blue max saws can be good runners just don't spend much to get them running.

Update ******************Update*************************
Finally, been a while. Well both saws run and surprisingly well. Both saws had no spark. Took the electrode out of the coil wire, flipped it to a new spot, removed the Torch plug for an ngk on one and champ the other and FIREABINGO. So the one with the bar must have been the last one running before the coil plug/electrode issue because it ran without touching the carb. I should go ahead and clean it just in case it looks like the second saw without the bar and side cover as its carb was filthy with saw dust. Anyway, got the second one going as it had the same electrode issue on the priimary wire. I did have to put some Tygon fuel line on it and after cleaning carb....running pretty good. Might try fleabay for a side cover and sell em separate. Was thinking of a two for one deal on local web sales....

Attachments

• Blue Max carb.jpg
    Blue Max carb.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 39
  • Blue Max carb 3.jpg
    Blue Max carb 3.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 38
  • Blue Max carb 2.jpg
    Blue Max carb 2.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Blue Max.jpg
    Blue Max.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 38
SOLD locally, case closed. Learnt a bit and made a bit. Buyer was happy.

If I run across more of those Kobalt saws for little or nothing, I'll definitely look hard at them as everytime I walked out in the garage and pulled the cord, started in 3 pulls and idled like a good kitty.

Latest posts

Back