Indiana A.S. member's...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My local public library director was gracious enough to spend some library funds on a book I had requested. If you live in Indiana, your library is part of the "Evergreen" system, and you can request this book anywhere in the state. They will shuttle it to your library for free. Take's about one week for it to arrive at your location. I'm half way through reading it, and it's fantastic.

"Chainsaws-A History" by author David Lee.

I highly recommend this book.

Attachments

• DSC09977.JPG
    DSC09977.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC09978.JPG
    DSC09978.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 7
I just returned it today, so it's ready to go into the next A.S. member's hands !!!!
Very enjoyable to look at picture's in the book, of some of the saws that I have, or have had in the past.

We need one gigantic International chainsaw museum, centrally located in the USA. It would represent all countries, have a banquet facility for industry function's, etc.
It would have every saw imaginable, and have outdoor area's for manufacturer's convention's, logging event's, etc.
A building made of concrete and steel, fire-proof, state of the art sprinkler/fire suppression system. The whole bit.

I just returned it today, so it's ready to go into the next A.S. member's hands !!!!
Very enjoyable to look at picture's in the book, of some of the saws that I have, or have had in the past.

We need one gigantic International chainsaw museum, centrally located in the USA. It would represent all countries, have a banquet facility for industry function's, etc.
It would have every saw imaginable, and have outdoor area's for manufacturer's convention's, logging event's, etc.
A building made of concrete and steel, fire-proof, state of the art sprinkler/fire suppression system. The whole bit.

We have one, although it's not gigantic. It's centrally located in Dike, Iowa.

We have one, although it's not gigantic. It's centrally located in Dike, Iowa.
Certainly oldCB, I've done business with Mark. His museum is fantastic.
But I'm talking about a mammoth facility, possibly on 80 or 100 acre's. With sprawling grounds, banquet center, logging contest area's, a true "International" facility. Something that Husqvarna for example, could rent/sponsor an industry event yearly, or something like that.
State of the art fire suppression. Saws in glass cases, out of the reach of visitor's and completely protected. That kind of thing.

Back