Insert Fan Cover Removal Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curdy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
The fan on my Regency Insert sounds like it needs some work or replacement. I tried taking off the cover on the bottom but didn't have any luck. I removed all 4 screws and the cover seemed like it was stuck. There was a foam strip that was holding it on, sticky on both sides. I don't mind ripping it off and replacing it if that's what needs to be done. But it was stuck on there really well, and experience has taught me that if it takes a lot of force, most of the time I'm doing something wrong or missed something along the way. (However, being that I bought this used, the previous owner may have put this strip on there.)

Anyone removed one of these covers before? I assume this cover is pretty similar to other steel inserts' (Lopi, Avalon, etc.). Any help is very much appreciated!!!
attachment.php

Last edited:
Already did that. No help. This is an older model (in fact, the model number isn't even on there) and seems to be put together differently.

My Regency I2400 jsut pulls out the front, its just pushed in to some mounts that hold it tight. I need a screwdriver to pull it out but mine is not bolted or anything, not sure if yours is older but I just had to replace my blower after it wore out I got one here for a lot less $$$ than from My Regency dealer so far it runs great, and fit right in the stove nicely. Good luck Jon
http://www.electricmotorwarehouse.com/fireplace/R7-RB167D.htm

Latest posts

Back