Install glass in solid door

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StihltheOne

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone out there put in a glass in thier stove? I want to replace my little ahsling waterford high tech super clean burner with a big ol earth stove. The catch is, my wife says fine as long as it has a glass door so she can see the fire. Truth is I want one to. Is this as simple as it appears? Any comments, warnings? You ask why would I trade stoves with this beautiful green ashling, for a big ol ugly earth stove? The answer is no more night feedings. I am also dreaming up a secondary burn chamber for the earth stove, as if they need to put out more heat. I am not even sure about where to get a glass, any ideas? Thanks so much.:cheers:

I milled out the door on my hotblast, made a brass frame and installed glass with the flat gasket rope. The glass isn't too expensive. Just figure out the size you need and look online. I got a piece for free from a friend. He owns a glass shop but his cost of the glass was way more then I could buy it online.

Back