Installing Cambium savers from the ground

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why the krab

SOOOrrry!!
I thought there were no stupid questions only stupid answers! If I want to know, I want to know!
Forgive my ignorance, so when do YOU need to open the crab? It's always been put it up, climb, cut, come down, pull down the saver, two rings.
Elighten me intelligent one,for those who have not yet had exposure to this novel idea.

after u set the throw line untie the ball and put the thline threw the small ring then reattach the ball. next clip the krab on the other side of the thline. that is y the krab is better. with out the krab u need 2 put the thline threw the ring pull out as much line as u think u need re flake the line so it does not tangle and then set the thline. after all that u need 2 detach ball put thline threw ring and reattach the ball. pull up the rig. set the saver and let the ball return. detach bag/ball attach and set rope. clean up and put away thline:deadhorse:

Thanks WWL, I appreciate the time you took to explain this. It adds another perspective to the operation, new information is always a good thing.

Peace and Love:rock: :heart:

remove large ring n replace with small locking carabiner:givebeer:
yeah i did that i recently noticed the sleeve on the clip side of the beaner was broken this was a petzel speed ball lock type, i think the small ring crushed it

yeah i did that i recently noticed the sleeve on the clip side of the beaner was broken this was a petzel speed ball lock type, i think the small ring crushed it

use 1 made with no plastic

Great info on setting, but also practice retrieving. You will need to tie a knot in end of life line that passes thru large ring first and catches on small ring to pull from tree. Very frustrating to pull wrong end to retrieve. Been there, done that.
One thing to remember on controlled retrieval is that it takes a lot of line length.

Back