Interesting pic...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Kunte

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Thought you guys might appreciate this pic... Monday evening we were attending a blow-down of a large Jacaranda tree which had been weakened by the prolific Ganoderma destructus, and had succumbed to a strong gust - right across the road. I took out all the power lines too... Anyway, as darkness closed in on us, some of the attending neighbours lit up the scene for us with their vehicle headlights, and one of the folks took an interesting pic. The flying chips look like rain! Enjoy!

jacaranda.jpg

Thought you guys might appreciate this pic... Monday evening we were attending a blow-down of a large Jacaranda tree which had been weakened by the prolific Ganoderma destructus, and had succumbed to a strong gust - right across the road. I took out all the power lines too... Anyway, as darkness closed in on us, some of the attending neighbours lit up the scene for us with their vehicle headlights, and one of the folks took an interesting pic. The flying chips look like rain! Enjoy!

View attachment 1018696
Amazing photo, a bit more than a bit of bucking and sneedding on that one!

Love it, nothing like a downed tree to bring the locals together and sort it, let the chips fly.
Hey, Trains!
Yes, you're right! By the time I had fuelled up and was ready to go, there must have been 30 or 40 folks standing around. Looked like a crowd at a football match!
Anyway, it was great to see the neighbours rally around to help. However, it took my wife to start pulling cut branches out of the road before the others joined in. They made short work of the tree. Within an hour or so the road was cleared!
Stay safe!

Back