Irritates the H#ll out of Me!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDM

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After spending 1.5 Hrs helping my GroundPerson Fininsh chipping up the rest of the Removal from this morning i had noticed about 2 hrs before a Pickup pull up 3 people get out With an Extension Ladder and start Pruning or Topping or whatever they were doing a tree up the street from where we were working. When we drove by to leave I noticed them Piling all those limbs at the street for the City to pickup! That Bugs the Hell out of me Making the Tax payers Pay to clean up the mess they profited from! :angry:

Dave,
People like that are NOT your competition and homeowners like that are NOT your potential customers. You lost nothing except the opportunity to waste your time bidding a job so they could beat your price. Be grateful for the customers you have and don't worry so much about the fly-by-nights. They get what they deserve, and you will too! :angel:

I know what your saying Brian, What Irritates me is not the fact i wanted there work but that My tax money Pays for there Dumping! :blob2:

i once ratted out a nelson line clearing crew for doing back yard work. i wish i had a new bucket and chipper for my side jobs. plus i was paying 1900.00 a month for my yellow page ad in that area.

So, you never offer to just put the stuff on the ground for a customer that wants a rock bottom price? I know that I have, and do on occasion. Most people don't want to deal with it, but many will and do. Typically for friends who I know don't mind some physical work I'll suggest this as a cost saver. I never recomend it on removals and situations where I know that they will be litteraly burried in branches. I also will not do the dragging and stacking. I explain that dragging, cutting to street size and stacking to street specs cost too much in time and trouble when we could drag that 20ft long branch in one peice and feed it into the chipper much easeir.
I did this last month for a friend of a friend who wanted to save some money. I told him that by the time he had it all out at the street he wouldn't be able to see his house because there would be soo much debris. He said who cares when I told him that I could take 600 out of the price. By the time I was finished with the 3rd tree (5 to go) he realized that he was in way over his head and then asked me to chip it. I added an additional $150 to the haul off/chip price because he already created such a cluster ---- out by the road. He paid it and was happy he did.
Never really thought about the leagal implications, but I bet that since I'm not the one stacking it at the road I would be free of liability.
Greg

we call that a cut and leave. we do it in the poor nieghbor hoods. usually with dead tree's, that have to come down. we give 2 prices and let the customer decide.

Latest posts

Back