iS A 1994 ISUZU FSR A GOOD TRUCK?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magicmic

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
iM LOOKING AT A 1994 ISUZU FSR AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD DOWNED OR DRIVEN ONE ENOUGH TO NOTICE THE QUALITY OF T1994 ISUZU FSR 18’ Chipper Dump, 23,000 lb. GVW, 7,500 lb. front axle, 15,500 lb. rear axle, 6 cyl. turbo-charged inter-cooled diesel, 175 HP @ 2600 RPM, Allison AT542 automatic transmissionHE TRUCK. tHANKS FOR THE HELP E-MAIL ME WITH FEEDBACK [email protected]

if the chip box is 18 ft and the gvw is only 23,000, then you'll be dogging the hell out of the truck even with out pulling a chipper.

if you want a 16- 18 ft chip box you need at least a 32,000 gvw truck. a 175hp is also under powered, my dodge cummins(pick up truck) makes more power than that.

i used to have a 87 international 1600 23,000 gvw with a 16ft box, 165hp. in the course of 3-4 years i replaced the engine, trans, rear, front leaf springs , rear leaf springs , hyd hoist, besides a clutch every year.

my point is your better off buying more truck in the first place because after 3-4 years what i put into truck i could have paid off a new truck.

175 hp is plenty of pwer to pull an 18'' chipper with a full load in the dump imo you guy's go over the top when talking about HP and pulling thing's

the first post spoke of a 18ft chip box, it said nothing about an 18in chipper.

how about the specs on your 2005 nkr to see if were even comparing apples to apples?

Hey guys Thanks for the input.This feedback had really helped me think a little more about what im going to get.I will be pulling a 12 inch chipper probobly a vermeer or somthing of that sort.
Anyways,there are some local international 4700's I believe i can have a chip body fabricated and placed on the body.any input on engine size ,weight cap,and size of chipper body? Thanks again for the help

ROLLACOSTA said:
175 hp is plenty of pwer to pull an 18'' chipper with a full load in the dump imo you guy's go over the top when talking about HP and pulling thing's

Depends where you live. Some place like Kansas or most of the plains area it would be fine. In the mountains, it would be vastly underpowered. I had a 1989 Hino FD, 165 hp, 22300 GVW with a 14 ft. chipbox and with the Morbark M17 and a load of chips, it would climb the Pali Highway, which is one of the three main throughfares to the other side of the island at 21 mph. Pretty embarassing. Where I live, for a 23K GVW truck pulling a 8K lb. chipper with a 14 ft. chipbox, I would like a 9 spd. tranny with at least 300 hp and 900 lbs of torque. I don't think such a thing is made by any manufacturer.

i think an 18' chip box is to big ,sorry guy's i'll read post's better in future... :eek: ...overhere a chip box for that truck would more than likely be beteen 12'-15' long and 6'6'' wide

Latest posts

Back