Is Artic Cat any good?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope not made by suzuki except for the motor...motor only is suzuki. First AC motor was the 650 H1 if I'm not mistaken.

Tires will last a long time if you keep it of dry blacktop. Mine are 6 years old and about 3500 miles.

Sounds like i need to look you or Bowtie up and get some hardwood. But the elm sells pretty good though.

Hey coog where you call home here in Kansas? Im right north of Salina. Farmerbuck, a friend of mine bought a new Artic Cat last year. With 110 miles on it the rear axle took a dump. He said other than that it was a good machine.

Hey coog where you call home here in Kansas? Im right north of Salina. Farmerbuck, a friend of mine bought a new Artic Cat last year. With 110 miles on it the rear axle took a dump. He said other than that it was a good machine.
Ouch! But i guess there's going to be good and bad in everything.

I have to echo the Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge comment. I've ridden Honda, Polaris, Yamaha, and Bombardier. There was stuff I liked and stuff I disliked with all of them.

I have a '05 Bombardier Outlander 400 XT so, I am very partial to the Bombardier/Can-Am ATVs. My next one will be an Can Am Outlander 500XT or a 650XT.

Whatever you end up with, I'm sure it will work just fine for you...good luck.

Bowtie:I live in Wichita, but our ranch is down in Chautauqua County, about a half mile from the OK border.I moved here from Mn 2 years ago and couldn't believe how beautiful that part of the state is.Nice to see fellow Kansans on these boards.I have had CAD for about 20 years (mostly Stihl) and my friends all call me a "wood wh**re", so I guess I belong here.

Max you will see is somewhere btw 40 and 50mph. I get a top of 46-50 out of 400 trv, and 56 - 60 out of the 650TRV. Plenty for trail riding.
AC's 4*4's are definately suited more for being a workhorse than a racer.

Max you will see is somewhere btw 40 and 50mph. I get a top of 46-50 out of 400 trv, and 56 - 60 out of the 650TRV. Plenty for trail riding.
AC's 4*4's are definately suited more for being a workhorse than a racer.
I would think 45 or so would be fine. I'll prob use it mainly for spot spraying and irrigation.

I've had AC's, Polaris, and Honda's. Bought all of them new. Both the Polaris's and the Honda's where pretty much trouble free - except when I was a jerk and pushed them beyond what you should. Now that having been said my last purchase was a 07 AC 700EFI. I have about 1200 mi. on it now and FWIW this is what I think of it. The motor and trans have been 100% reliable. No problems whatsoever. The suspension has been somewhat of a bother. The thing constantly needs CV boots. I've put on 7 or 8 so far. It's a high quad. As in REAL 'tippy'. I've filpped it several times and NOT while being a jerk just driving less then 5 MPH. Believe me it's tippy. And the headlights suck.Now for the good. The AC is a 100% work machine. In this regard it's unequaled! Both the speedrack system and the receiver hitch are both VERY handy. This quad with tow the world behind it in 4 low and locked. The extreme height will help when jumping over rocks logs and such. So to sum up it your going to do any trail type riding AT ALL you will not be happy. But if you want a work machine to 'putz' about dragging out timber, plowing and work type stuff you will love it. YMMV.

I've had AC's, Polaris, and Honda's. Bought all of them new. Both the Polaris's and the Honda's where pretty much trouble free - except when I was a jerk and pushed them beyond what you should. Now that having been said my last purchase was a 07 AC 700EFI. I have about 1200 mi. on it now and FWIW this is what I think of it. The motor and trans have been 100% reliable. No problems whatsoever. The suspension has been somewhat of a bother. The thing constantly needs CV boots. I've put on 7 or 8 so far. It's a high quad. As in REAL 'tippy'. I've filpped it several times and NOT while being a jerk just driving less then 5 MPH. Believe me it's tippy. And the headlights suck.Now for the good. The AC is a 100% work machine. In this regard it's unequaled! Both the speedrack system and the receiver hitch are both VERY handy. This quad with tow the world behind it in 4 low and locked. The extreme height will help when jumping over rocks logs and such. So to sum up it your going to do any trail type riding AT ALL you will not be happy. But if you want a work machine to 'putz' about dragging out timber, plowing and work type stuff you will love it. YMMV.
About all i will be useing it for is changing irrigation and maybe clean off the drive when it snows. Might even pull a few logs this winter. I have a case tractor,530, for the bigger stuff.

This post made me laugh:

Typical, I own Polaris so it MUST be the best. You own CAT, well....That must be the best. Just like a saw, buy locally, what best fits your budget and needs, and you will be happy. This sounds like a Ford-Chevy argument. Will get you know-where. They ALL have there own sets of pro's and cons. I personally own a Polaris Sportsman 500HO, won't touch another Polaris as long as I'm above ground. They are made a couple hundred miles from where I live, oh wait, CAT is made just a little farther down the road, hmm..........

Hey Woodchop, I really like the look of your trailer.Did you make it?How long is the tongue? I use the same small utility trailer that I use behind my truck, but it is really not well-suited to the 4 wheeler.

Yes, home build. I'll get the measurements tomorrow.Trailer is 4' x 6'.

Latest posts

Back