Is getting stuck a thing of the past?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two chains and a VERY big and HEAVY snatch block, I think I want a diffrent style of one that's lighter. Also, the goal now is to back into areas off the road if there's ANY doubt about the firm/softness of the ground.

Eric, you said that before and your right, I can't believe how my wife's tires on the Jeep grip in the snow! Havn't tryed the mud yet, but those MT 33's really go! I will not, however be putting anything but the on/off road tires on my truck. I'm not going to use my 100 TON Cumming's truck for wheeling, that can get to expensive real fast!:dizzy: I will keep doing what I'm doing and that will lead me to getting stuck many more times, which, I don't think getting stuck is the problem, it's when you can't help your self, that's the problem. I can't wait to winch something! I spooled the 1/2" line back in and thats all the fun I've had with it so far. That new motor from Amperage tech. sure sounds flawless too!:clap:

the object being not to get stuck main thing to remember is stop before the diff drags.tire height is only thing that determines when this happens if your digging your own ruts or hard too determine depth of previous ruts filled with water so best thing you got going for you is momentum if your going for it anyway but if your old and lazy like me take it slow and you can usually back out when it stops pulling foward. if your just seeing how far you can go like i said earlier a 4 wheel drive will get you a lot stucker.

Could not add an image by editing, so re posting:

That winch has me drooling, K7, who made the winch bumper?

I will say that both of your stuck pics are self recovery projects with a hi-lift jack, some wide blocks to set it on (I have a 12x12 plate welded to the feet of my jacks), and some brush/small blocks to set under the wheels.

Google pull pal, get yourself one, and you'll be set. (and the wife won't need to say "Not tonight, I'm tired from pulling you outta the mud again)!

EDIT: Now this is STUCK (found on another forum):
attachment.php

Steve

the object being not to get stuck main thing to remember is stop before the diff drags.tire height is only thing that determines when this happens if your digging your own ruts or hard too determine depth of previous ruts filled with water so best thing you got going for you is momentum if your going for it anyway but if your old and lazy like me take it slow and you can usually back out when it stops pulling foward. if your just seeing how far you can go like i said earlier a 4 wheel drive will get you a lot stucker.

Yea, I know about ruts filled with water and the only off roading I do in my Cummings, islooking/getting wood or hunting. I do not go "off roading" in this, it's to expensive to fix and not as much fun as my KLR 650 and the wife's Jeep! I am also basicly lazy, I will venture off road to get closer to the wood I have cut, rather than packing it to the road.

Could not add an image by editing, so re posting:

That winch has me drooling, K7, who made the winch bumper?

I will say that both of your stuck pics are self recovery projects with a hi-lift jack, some wide blocks to set it on (I have a 12x12 plate welded to the feet of my jacks), and some brush/small blocks to set under the wheels.

Google pull pal, get yourself one, and you'll be set. (and the wife won't need to say "Not tonight, I'm tired from pulling you outta the mud again)!

Steve

Thanks, but it has been a long time coming! I wanted a Warn 12,000 , but could not seem to locate one when I had the money!? This one popped up(I won't tell you how much I stole it for) so I had to jump on this one!
I was looking at diffrent options for bumpers, even going to buy a pre-made bumper from someone selling the winch and all and just modify it to my likeing, but could not find one of those either? I checked with Pro-line and got a price, but I found theseguys and found out there built heavier. Pro-lines are made with 3/16" steel, mine is 1/4" except the bottom plate the winchis mounted too, it's 3/8".
www.dirtycustoms.org
:rock:

Latest posts

Back