Is this beyond help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ekka said:
Hey Mike, I don't think you have addressed the deficiency in this specific tree. If what you are saying is true then why did it bust (as many do) in the first place?
if correct cuts are applied there will be no epicormic regrowth I'm talking about selectively pruning down to co-dominant stems and collars + selective thin.

have a close look to the attachment point, we're talking about a cavity in the trunk (not branches) just below a bunch of leaders, do you really want more movement?

Sorry, I disagree with your theory. Many a tree left to it's own devices will fail. Cabling, propping, bracing and pruning are some methods of assisting.
What Ekka said. Mike's anti-reduction cuts philosophy is definitely not practical in this case. Several of his subpoints are valid, but he can't :Eye: the forest for the photosynthate.
That philosophy boils down to anti-arboriculture; man is not to be trusted interfering with the tree's system. Speak for yourself, Maaster.
Branches are shortened in nature all the time. Refusing to make proper reduction cuts when needed is refusing to be an arborist. :alien:

Latest posts

Back