ISA Arborist News Quizzes online any one do these ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I enjoy them more often, a few of late been tricky tree technical so a worthy challenge. I can not seem to get higher than a 90% score and you can not see what questions you got wrong after test submission. Does anyone else do these or has aced a quiz.

Tree Risk Assessment: levels of assessment.

http://www.isa-arbor.com/myAccount/myEducation/resources/2012-April-CEUarb.pdf

You passed the quiz. You scored 87.5%. ISA has been notified and you will recieve CEU credit provided you have not previously submitted this CEU quiz. Select another

No, but I SOOOOOOO NEED TOO! I am way behind on the CEU thing, have many done, just need to send them in. Ima gunza be shecking that out tho, they are free right?

yup the Arb news quizzes are free if your a paid up ISA critter but they are only about 1 CEU value. There are others in the quizz bank http://www.isa-arbor.com/quizBank/QuizReg.aspx that can be purchased for about $10 or so bucks but I have not done any off these as yet. Seems I only need 4 CEU for my re cert and have 10 months to do that

edit ah looks like the harder but fun tree risk news quizzes are 2 CEU points each and I got 2 points last nite so when it updates be only 2 needed now:clap:

oh many of these were from Sydney and other OZ ISA conference, thats an easy and good way to learn n earn apart from fee $ cost

Certified Arborist
Period of Certification: From: 5/15/2010 To: 6/30/2013 Extension Until: 6/30/2013 Credits
Date CEU ID Title CEU's Required for Recertification: 30
AN-11-005 Arborist News (Working the Five-Step Felling Plan) 1
AN-11-006 Arborist News (Tree Risk Assessment: A Foundation) 2
AN-12-001 Arborist News (Qualitative Tree Risk Assessment) 2
5/16/2010 AU-10-005 Tree Climbing and Rigging Workshop 4
5/17/2010 AU-10-006 Network to Success,Indentification & Treatment of 2
5/17/2010 AU-10-008 ISA Providence,Qualifications in Arboriculture 2
5/17/2010 AU-10-009 Glyphosate around Trees,Pest & Pathogen Damage 2
7/25/2011 CF-11-017 Opening Ceremony (The Use of Wood Decay Fungi for 1
7/25/2011 CF-11-018 Trees and Wind-Dynamic Research 1
7/25/2011 CF-11-020 Modifying Street Tree Plantings to Maximise Canopy 1
7/25/2011 CF-11-022 The Value of Urban Trees During Climate Change 1
7/25/2011 CF-11-025 Conservation Arboriculture 1
7/25/2011 CF-11-029 Impacts of Porous Pavements on Soil Environment 1
7/26/2011 CF-11-033 Trees and Neighbours and the Law 1
7/26/2011 CF-11-036 Liability, Negligence, and Acts of God 1
7/26/2011 CF-11-039 Tree Risk Assessment 1
7/26/2011 CF-11-042 The Complexity of Diagnosing & Mangaing Tree Decli 1
7/26/2011 CF-11-045 Essential Elements of Tree Health 1
Your Current CEU Total: 26

Number of CEU's Needed for Recertification: 4

Dam it,,:msp_confused: I canna just get 100% n this one twas enjoyable n easier Tree risk loads n growth response topic 20 question one ,, anyhoo only one point to go now and my holidays reading project ISA re-cert is done;)

You passed the quiz. You scored 95%. ISA has been notified and you will recieve CEU credit provided you have not previously submitted this CEU quiz. Select another

I do them when I remember or the deadline is looming....can't remember if I've hit a 100% or not. Depends on who writes the article, some of the questions are so whacky almost any answer could work sometimes if you think too much about it. They are defininatley not professional test writers.

You passed the quiz. You scored 95%. ISA has been notified and you will recieve CEU credit provided you have not previously submitted this CEU quiz. Select another

there its done diddly done 30 points gits me my cert :msp_thumbup:. I still canna ace the hole tis annoying but i'm not a focused reader learner more of the broad brusher and the complex construction of the harder questions and answers is more trickery gobledogook than I care for.

aawww I canna git higher score than %96

You passed the quiz. You scored 96.6666666666667%. ISA has been notified and you will recieve CEU credit provided you have not previously submitted this CEU quiz. Select another

the last 6 issues of Arb news on tree risk assessment have been really good value of reading and learning, thanks go to Smiley Matheny and Lilly

oh yay my next 3 years of recertification is done as i just clocked 30 units and thats all i needed by June 30.. The ISA online quizz page is much better than some years ago and now has an audio listen file so you can read the pages then as take quizz have it gently talk over the topic. feet up no pressure now and i have a few Arb news magz to thumb though might even get a few units in credit while im in the school up mood

may I ask why you don't want to give directly to ISA? Just curious...
Just because they piss me off often... It used to be fairly easy to get post approval credit for tailgate meetings, independent study or different meetings attended around town. I was probably turned down for about 10-15 credits last year because of some bureaucratic crap that they started insisting on... They say it was due to their standards for accreditation... But to me, it really felt like they were just trying to get me to pay them more money for credits.

ive just paid my $100 dues and re-certified.. For the 1st time i used the ISA CEU Post Approval request form to earn 4 ceu for climbing comp volunteer, 1st aid and Arbor camp attendance... It took some convincing and needed to submit good proof of attendance & value but worth the effort vs gain.

But a lesson learnt annoyingly my own tactical mistake.... i had already in hand the 30 needed ceu units and the extra 4 i gathered up with post approval emails was wasted as they dont carry forward. opsy grr wont do that again....

Back