ISA exam in sarasota......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budroe69moni

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
well boys,
the big day's coming up! on sept 7th in sarasota i'll be
taking my isa exam!! i'm totally psyched! i just joined the
isa this morning and signed up for the exam. i've been
studying since may and i think that i've read the study
guide about 10 times. i've been using this knowledge that i've
learned in the book and applying it to my work in the feild.
i keep that book in the jeep at all times!!! here's the question.....
what did you think was the most difficult part of the exam?????
any tips or advice would be gratefully appreciated!!!!!!
thanks,
budroe:cool:

There's usually a review workshop sometime before the actual exam. I highly recommend taking this class. Nearly all of the test material is covered and your success is virtually guaranteed.
The hardest part for me was the identification section.

Good Luck Budroe! It's always great to read your posts. You can make enthusiasm jump off the monitor screen. Happy climbing!

I must agree with Brett. The 1/2 day review the day before the test is well worth the $50 or so. Thanks to a few years in the field, a quick read through the book, and attending the review class I passed the exam easily.
I think the domain on diseases and critters was the toughest for me, too many big words. :dizzy: Plant identification was multiple choice, but you still need to be able to name a tree by looking at a twig or leaf. I think they had common names listed as well as Latin names (I flunked Latin).

Gotta agree with Newfie also. It's always a pleasure to read your upbeat posts. Wish you the best on the test!

thanks for the encouraging words boys!!!!!!!
i'm so excited about all of this that i can hardly
sleep at nite!!!!! it's so incredible that you can
going along in life and everything's fine and dandy
then one day you just up and decided to try something
new. then you stumble upon something that you totally
love to do and it feels like that you were meant to do,
it just feels right. then you find a site like this where
great guys w/ tons of knowledge that just want to help
you out in any way they can, welcome you and guide you
thru tuff decisions, then you get all excited about all of the
possibilities ahead and what you can acomplish ............
man, this is awesome!!!!!
thank you,
budore:cool:

OOOOOOPS

I made a mistake last night on the cost of the review class. I looked it up on the ISA site and saw that they are getting $125 for the review now! OUTRAGEOUS! And the only one I saw for Dade county was a spanish language review. None for English speaking people. The last American out of Miami, please bring the Flag!

Best of luck to you Budroe. You definatley do have a love for life. I still have to take my test. I think I could pass everything except for the insect / disease parts. Other than that I would do fine. Figure a little more time at school and I should be fine.

one more week

untill we have our newest Certified arborist on site! I hope it's easy for ya, Budroe! :)

OK, 5 more weeks then :p

Last edited:
I'm only 23 this make me the youngest in most circles in the industry. But it surprises me how much the older guys do not know. I work with guys that are good tree guys but they just have no ambition to succed. This is my first attempt at the exam. I ve spent the last 2 years preparing. ( 3 year isa limit)
GAA is the Georgia Arborist Assoc. I was elected VP but when the Pres was transferred I have to take over the rest of his term. We hold meeting every other month with knowledgeable speakers offer CEU's and points for pesticide license. We are also having a training class in Nov open to all for small fee. We are slowly trying to raise the standards of treecare in the metro area. Atlanta has around 278 tree companies. In the phone books plus about another 65 Buzz cutters. We are supported by our members and venders. We also have a tree climbing jamboree every year I came in third my first time out not to bad. We send our champ to Southern chapter with 300 to help him out. He won chapter this year and went to itcc. I do not know where he placed at.

Latest posts

Back