It's a ghost!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chezenbred

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well it's not a tree, but I just found this unusual enough that I wanted to share it. He's been around our backyard for some time but has been very camera shy.

ghostsquirrel.JPG

Catch that sucker and sell him to an Indian...get much wampum for white squirrel...they taste like chicken. Thanks for the pic.

Wow!!
Completely Albino. Never seen one wild, just Piebalds.

That's gotta suck.
Every Hawk within 10 Miles can pick him out like a Rat turd in a Sugar bowl.

Does he come around much?

Dingeryote

He's a constant visitor for the last 2 months. We have a VERY high squirrel population (Grey, Black and Red.. and now white!) which might be helping to keep the hawks occupied. I'm going to start putting feed out for them to try to keep this guy alive this winter. We had ZERO acorn and black walnuts fall this year.

It's really catches people by suprise when they are visiting and see this guy running around the yard!

He's a constant visitor for the last 2 months. We have a VERY high squirrel population (Grey, Black and Red.. and now white!) which might be helping to keep the hawks occupied. I'm going to start putting feed out for them to try to keep this guy alive this winter. We had ZERO acorn and black walnuts fall this year.

It's really catches people by suprise when they are visiting and see this guy running around the yard!

I hear ya on winter feeding.

We have plenty of Acorns, but they are under at least a foot of Ice and snow from now untill spring, so we put out shell corn on the ear, and sunflower seeds for our little hooligans.

The hawks here aren't afraid of the house, and the Owls have lifted a chipmunk or two right off of the porch, so we put netting over the feeder to keep them honest.

I'll shoot 30-Squirrels a year for the Table, but the few we have near the house are off the Menu, even the Hawks menu! LOL!!

Fatten him up and see if he can't be socialized a bit..

Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back