It's hot!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Dang it's hot & humid.

Yesterday, I lost two guys in the heat. Serious cases of heat exhaustion. My climber trainee was puking in the grass, the other guy had to go home sick. (yes, we had lots of water and gatoraid on hand).

Today: the dang furnace came on in my office! It was reading 98° in my office, we thought something was seriously wrong. I completely removed the thermostat from the wall; but there was no stopping the action, it was still blowing hot air.

After 10 minutes, I figured the lower limit switch had to have cooled off, but NO! It was still blowing hot air with no thermostat attached.

Upon inspection of the furnace itself, the gas valve was open, burner was burning blue flames, and the fan was still blowing. I turned off the gas supply, and switched off the power. That killed it!

Don't think that won't ruin your relaxing day in the office!

Last edited:
I'm just down the road from you in Topeka and it's stupid hot here too. I helped a friend move this past Sunday and I haven't sweated that much at once in a long time. We went through 2 cases of bottled water and a case of Gatorade between the 4 of us. Now is a good time to hide out in the AC if at all possible.

The guys tried that in my office today when they were done, it was no use. It was more pleasant outside.

Currently: 97° in my office, 100.4° on the outdoor temp gauge. Humidity is high, but I don't have a gauge for that.

Its so hot here, I'm getting paid to take people snorkelling this week!

Oh happy happy!:)

I'll trade with ya...

This was the outlook Sunday...

So far it has been 103 yesterday and 104 today...

7Day.jpg

My ground man and I came off of four hot tough days in a row yesterday and we are both exhausted today. I was having stomach aches today too, I just felt sick in general.

I will take tomorrow off also, it seems to take a couple of days to recover completely from dehydration of any significant level.

It's very humid here too and I know the heat index was like 107 today.. Was soaked down to my knees in sweat. Boss man/owner said it wasn't hot and man up.. Then rolled the window up with the ac on n bounced. ####in #######.

Was 107 for a high here today. That's actual temp, no heat index crap. 97 here at 10 PM, 103 heat index...

105 for tomorrow and I will be in a tree all day.

We have been getting killed here too.:cry:
I had to go to the store and buy more sweat.

Coincidence that the week from hell ended with a Friday the 13th? I think not!

Low 80's this next week, cant wait!

Dang it's hot & humid.

Yesterday, I lost two guys in the heat. Serious cases of heat exhaustion. My climber trainee was puking in the grass, the other guy had to go home sick. (yes, we had lots of water and gatoraid on hand).

Dang P I feel like a sissy now! We have had continuous days of 98 to 100. Factor in the heat index 108 to 115.
If were not pewking by noon somethings wrong. It has been plumb miserable here.Top that off we have registered less than 1 inch of rain in the last 37 days.

The lizards here carry leaves with them now to sit on. LOL

Unfortunately the current situation I am in requires that I receive a pay check stub... so firing the boss is not an option, yet.

Anyways, 96 and 97 all week. "extreme heat advisory" or some ####.

Ended the week with a 4 hour friday, we trimmed for an old lady thursday and when we talked with her daughter on the phone told the little old lady that her daughters husband was coming over and she said these exact words "oh no! not Bart!"

next day we get a half day rate and roll up to his house, I look over at the boss and say "oh no not bart!"

#### head pulls out his echo and starts wandering around below while I'm 50 ft up cutting tops outta trees. cutting up little limbs to take out to the chipper for some reason, saying oh don't worry about the last 10 ft I'll cut the stump down, climb the next one...

Foreman seemed to think it was funny and wasn't worried about dude getting hurt, I was sure this dude was going to #### around and kill himself trying to act like he had big balls... Wandering around, no ppe, not looking up, looked out of place like a lost puppy dog or some ####. Over heard neighbor lady (looking like she was returning from jazzercise of course) "wow Bart! what all are you guys doing?" Mind you it was Friday the 13th too.

To end my rant, how are people that are so rich, so :censored: stupid? How does that correlate? :dizzy: Maybe he wanted to get hurt and file a lawsuit?

Back