It's not suposed to work this way!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Native

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought a mac 4600 for the blade brake and other parts to fit my mac 4900 the seller claimed it had no spark so i thought $9.99 wasn't bad to get a $39.00 part that might not fit so i got it today and it RAN!!! no spark my asss now i got two saw's ;)

Mac 4600 with mac 16" bar and Oregon 33sl chain

Mac 4900 with Oregon 20" bar and 72v chain

...some days you get the diamond, some days you get the stone. Good find, I love a real bargain, you can't beat free but 10 bucks is pretty close for a running saw.

Glad to hear you got a good deal. Thats the way it is supose to work..lol. :D ... But I am sure you can deal with future problems like this and it is what I Consider a good problem.

Curt

njforestfire said:
Hey O-N, how big is that 4900 you have? (cc)

The Mac 4900 is a 49cc saw

bad news about the 4600 its oiler is shot :angry: so i think i will try to trade it for a SP125? ;) i might be able to slip it buy the shop that i know has a few.

Now I Got Three

still have:

Mac 4900 ( 49cc ) 16", 20" good runner
Mac 4600 ( 46cc ) 16" needs oiler

now have:

Pro Mac 610 ( 60cc) 20" Oregon bar and chain
Needs Starter and blade brake internals

not bad for $7.00 at good will ;)

It pays to read those sellers descriptions pretty carefully. some of them have no idea what they have for sale. I have acquired a number of E-bay saws that turned into runners with minor tinkering. I'm a bottom feeder/collector.

AMEN, the last two saws that I bought from Ebay sellers I took a chance on because they either would not start or stay running, usually a broken fuel line or something simple wrong. They both are good runners...

Latest posts

Back