Japanese Maple

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joverly

Reaction score
We just moved into an 8 year old home and the former owner planted a Japanese Maple about 3 feet from the front porch. The tree is about 7 feet tall and way to close to the house. Some of the branches are now under the porch area and creating a bit of a leaf mess.

Rather than simply cutting the tree down, is it possible to move a tree of this size? It is a beautiful tree and I hate to lose it due to poor planning on someone's part. If it is possible, what is the best time of year and steps? I am in Kansas.

Small ornimentals are rather easy to move by hand.

At that size it would be best to have it done by a professional. Will cost several hundred dollars, but the tree is probibly worth several thousand.

It was very small when installed I'm sure.

Recommendation?

Anyone have a recommendation for the Southern Kansas City (Overland Park/Stanley/Stilwell) area? We would also like some help with landscape planning and prefer to work with a smaller outfit than a big chain landscaping company.

You may wish to check into your local extension office for info. They list commercial landscape companies in our region, they may do the same in yours.

Please get at least two references and check them out.

Back