job costings/checklist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ponderosatree

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I want to start tracking our job better including making a checklist to make things don't fall through the cracks. Does anyone have a template they use?

I don't use a checklist but I use a two-sided job estimate form that I created. The front contains the customer's info, a few lines for the phone message taken, a few more lines for the actual work order written up by the salesman who bid the job (usually me), a map area to sketch out the worksite, a place for additional notes regarding whether cables need dropped or other important considerations and dates for when the project is scheduled to begin/end along with the total cost of the project.

The back is the breakdown of our bid process with every possible bid item listed by grouping (labor, hauling and disposal, equipment fees, materials, etc). The salesman simply fills in quantities for each item as he goes down the list and comes up with a total at the bottom.

This form is only for internal use. We write up a seperate proposal for the customer that doesn't give out so much detail on our individual prices and also has our company's disclaimers about insurance, use of equipment on lawns, payment policy, etc.

A lot of lawn care and landscape maintenance companies have checklists. Some of these are available from companies like NEBS who make pre-printed forms. In the past, I've found samples of these forms and used them as a rough template to create my own on the computer. I don't think you're going to find anything out of the box that's going to be perfect so, coming up with the basic design yourself and having a local printing company do the final draft and copies in triplicate form is also an option.

Back