jonsered 2045 carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polkat

ArboristSite Guru
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
looking for some wisdom on zema carbs (C1Q-EL1 to be exact) I picked up a diaphram and gasket kit for it and ever since i put it together i cannot get this tuned it throbbs at full throttle I think she is getting too much gas. My guess is that the pulse diaphram for the main jet isnt adjusted correctly Is there any rule of thumb as how to set it up? Hope that my lack of carb lingo makes sence. any other tricks of the trade as how to adjust these carbs have a great weekend

looking for some wisdom on zema carbs (C1Q-EL1 to be exact) I picked up a diaphram and gasket kit for it and ever since i put it together i cannot get this tuned it throbbs at full throttle I think she is getting too much gas. My guess is that the pulse diaphram for the main jet isnt adjusted correctly Is there any rule of thumb as how to set it up? Hope that my lack of carb lingo makes sence. any other tricks of the trade as how to adjust these carbs have a great weekend

The rule of thumb (at least for older saws, the 2045 included) is turn the jets in until they seat gently and then turn out 1 turn ccw. Do this for both the L and H jets. This will only get you into the ball park and should do final adjustment with a tach.

When you replaced the gaskets did you put the diaphragm on the correct side of the plate? Did you replace the needle? The lever that lifts the needle up and down needs to be flush to the top of the carb body. If it is sticking up too much it will flood.

Okay thank you i am going to have to double check the lever and diaphram its getting fustrating i have had this carb off a dozen times this is going to help, that lever i think had got me. thank you

okay i just checked it over and I had the diaphram on the bottom instead of the top of the gasket the problem is still there I had a spot where she would ramp up but she wouldnt hold I took the plug out to see and it was dry. it seems that its running out of gas checked the filter that seems fine, i changed the pulse hose and went as far as siliconed the air filter bracket to the carb.

okay i just checked it over and I had the diaphram on the bottom instead of the top of the gasket the problem is still there I had a spot where she would ramp up but she wouldnt hold I took the plug out to see and it was dry. it seems that its running out of gas checked the filter that seems fine, i changed the pulse hose and went as far as siliconed the air filter bracket to the carb.

Did you turn the screws out one turn? If you did, did you try to turn up the idle screw to see if that helps?

Yes @ WOT I can get it to idle great but @ WOT it bogs if I fiddle with the h screw I can get it opened up but it wont stay there is evidence of gas on the airfilter but when i pull the plug she it all clear when it dies

Latest posts

Back