Jonsered 2050 Mods?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As you may know, I'm going to be working on my saw...any not-too complicated (time-consuming) worthwhile mods I can do while I have it all apart? I'm thinking muffler, but dunno what...thanx - David

definate muffler, also look at the choke plate and the throttle plate, the screw that goes through the middle, you may want to massage the screw with some sand paper or a file until the screw is flush with the shaft. pull the assembly out to work on it and make sure the screws are still functional. I don't know if it will help much, but it can't hurt anything. As far a porting do yourself a favor and get a pro to do it unless you don't give a sh!t about the saw.

Lucky

David B said:
What shall I DO to the muffler? Leave it off? That's what I did with my truck :p

Seriously, I imagine there's a way to mod it?

Yeah, drill or cut holes in the muffler and any internal baffles equal to about 80% of the exhaust port area and then re-adjust your carb.

Do a good thing and use the search feature, you will find much good info on muffler mods.

Russ

jokers said:
Yeah, drill or cut holes in the muffler and any internal baffles equal to about 80% of the exhaust port area and then re-adjust your carb.
:cool: You sort of take the mystery out of it, which is a good thing!

David B said:
Thanks..searched around a bit, didn't find anything specific.

You probably won`t find anything specific to the 2050, it`s an older model that wasn`t nearly as popular as some others. You might on the other hand search for Husky 350 muffler mods, but then you don`t really want to copy anyone else`s mods, detail for detail do you?

Just use the "formula" that I gave you and remember to start small because it`s easier to take more out than it is to put it back.

Don`t do the mod unless you are going to readjust your carb or you run the risk of lean siezure.

Russ

the info isnt always specific to one model, but it WILL tell you a good bit about how to do the mod in general. I did ALL my saws, and well, lets just say, it woke many of them up bigtime.

Back