jonsered 2159 muffler mod

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the one I did for 359 inspired by mastermind.
hu8equ6a.jpg

I like it. Pipe is in both chambers.

Here is the one I did for 359 inspired by mastermind.
hu8equ6a.jpg

I like it. Pipe is in both chambers.

What is the diameter of the pipe? I've got one here that I've got to do the same thing to do. (just got to learn how to weld first)

Last edited:
Do you use 15% silver solder?? I went to buy some and was shocked at the price -- wasn't sure if "hard solder" with an unspecified amount of silver would be suitable. Ended up buying some flux covered brazing rods and figured I would try that.

I just cut an old broom handle up, nice and thin wall with a .925 OD. I'll have to put the saw together to see if it fits.

Last edited:
Do you use 15% silver solder?? I went to buy some and was shocked at the price -- wasn't sure if "hard solder" with an unspecified amount of silver would be suitable. Ended up buying some flux covered brazing rods and figured I would try that.

I just cut an old broom handle up, nice and thin wall with a .925 OD. I'll have to put the saw together to see if it fits.

I use 45% silver and pay about 1.20 per oz. I buy 26oz at a time
Its not too bad and flows great. BLAST YOUR MUFFLER BEFORE U START. Most of my other muffler mods I use SS tube.

Here's my mastermind inspired 359 muffler mod. Went with the 1/2 emt after all. My first attempt at brazing; was afraid I'd melt the thin wall pipe.

lBKe5do.jpg

And on the saw
Ma7bpgf.jpg

Last edited:
Them 59ccs are pretty snotty with free flowing exhaust eh?

Did this one back in '06, it is NOT sanitary nor pretty looking.

Raspy it is.

attachment.php

I have a 2159 that I want to mod. The mufflers in this thread, the 359, and the 2159, appear to be the same muffler. Are they in fact compatible? I can easily obtain a 359, at a decent cost. I am not a fan of the current muffler design on my 2159. The port on the top heats everything up near my hand and bugs me. I want that port out front, on the clutch side, like a normal saw should. ;)

Latest posts

Back