Jonsered 2159

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IBwoodtick2

Reaction score
Wow, I still can't wipe the smile off my face!

Gentlemen,this my first post on Arborsite. However, I've spent many hours reading your recommendations on different saws.

Well today I took my new Jonsered 2159 to woods to give it test run. I looked long and hard at the 361 pro as well, but for $150 more I just couldn't see the additional value.
Yep, I'm still smiling right now! I cut about cord and half of red oak, birch, white ash, basswood and maple today. A couple of comments....I was surprise, it seemed like a miser on fuel compared to my wood boss. Also, the power with a 18" bar is great, glides right through everything with no hestitation. as always when I got back in the shop I lifted the hood to see how effective the turbo works.....essentially no saw dust at all inside the housing, the filter was clean! I still blew it out with the air gun, but the turbo definetly ejects the saw dust. I know my Orange one and white has to be cleaned out after every use.

I thought of a new slogan today while taking a short break in the woods.....

Jonsered....born and bred to rip and shred (make a good t-shirt)!

Anyhow just wanted to say thanks to the membership for helping me make a final purchase decision. Take care...John

Welcome to the site,

I'm glad you're happy with your saw, that turbo feature really is great to have.

Good for you Tick, hope you have all the right p.p.e.. By the way the 361 is not a pro saw i.m.h.o. A $150 more, what a scam.

The 2159 a good running saw. I like the 2156 it turns, stock 14,000 rpm from the factory.

Ricky

Hi John ;(tick2 fer short)

Glad you found the same thing to be in the 2159 as I did. Only thing I did not like was the muffler port spits hot gas out right on the hand and it gets just a little tooo warm. But if you will go and open up that muffler you will really see it come alive and can direct those hot gases away. Mine is a great medium size saw. Since I have had it have not really used my Poulan 4000 much at all. And for anything from 10" up to and includeing 20" it gets the grab.(which is 70 percent of the stuff I cut) From there on up I will reach for my Dolmar 7900 and for the smaller stuff the old 015 is put to use. Welcome and Happy cutting.

--
KickingBack

IBwoodtick2 said:
........Well today I took my new Jonsered 2159 to woods to give it test run. I looked long and hard at the 361 pro as well, but for $150 more I just couldn't see the additional value........Take care...John
Chainsaw pricing sure is funny!
Over here the 2159 and 359 cost substantially more than the 361 (the equivalent of about 150 and 200 USD, respectively).
Prices on the 2156 and 357xp is sky high in comparison! :angry:

Last edited:
I just picked up a Jonny red 2171. Really impressed with it. I ran Stihls for the past 10 years, and replaced a worn out 046 mag with the Jonny red.
Great saw. :blob2:

Latest posts

Back