jonsered 2260 starter pulley

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorsman0490

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey all,

I need to replace my starter pulley on my 2260; there are two pieces of metal that stick up that make the contact when starting the saw; they are bent and the saw is real tough to start as a result. I cannont find a part # anywhere on the internet.

On a parts website, I found what looks to be the same starter pulley, part # 537202401; however, the saws listed on the web page say this starter pulley is for 570, 570EPA, 570XP, 575XP, 575XPEPA, 576XP, 576XPEPA Chainsaw.

Can someone tell me if this is the correct part, and if it is not, point me in the correct direction.

Thanks guys.

Correct part # is 505158101. Fits husq. 545 550 555 562 and 2258 2260. Hope that's not going to be a weak point issue with the new series of saws.

I replaced that part over the winter, and it worked fine this spring for a little while. However, now on the inside of the starter cover, the part where the pulley and spring spin on, broke off. Looks like now I need the starter cover, can you get that separate or do you need to get the whole assembly?

No one else is have problems with the starter pulley breaking? I have to change mine several times a year, the metal prongs that stick up keep breaking off. This is the only saw I have where this is a problem.

The design causes the chord to get tight all by itself a portion of the time when turning off. If it makes a revolution or portion of a revolution in the reverse direction those things engage because the speed is to low to retract the pivoting engagement pieces. I did have a pulley break on the brush cutter/clearing saw. If it is doing strange things on the shut off under certain situations a solution is to pull out the chord a bit before turning off.

I wonder if there is a way to change the starter pulley to more like the one on a 372, where all the parts are one piece, not these metal prongs added in

Just an FYI.

I swapped out the starter pulley on my 357xp with the pulley on my 2260, still using the recoil spring from 2260. Used it a few times this week. Works pretty good. Sometimes the rope doesn't recoil right away, but does a few seconds later. And the 357 pulley is engineered much better and doesn't look like it will break.

Wont the Husqvarna 562xp be the exact same parts? You can find husky ipls and parts a lot of places online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it is too much compression as much as it is a poor design.

These saws may run good, but they just don't hold up. Recoil failures are very common.

Back