Jonsered 361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubicon

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Someone just gave me a Jonsered 361 saw. It looks brand new but the previous owner ran it with a lean oil mix and burned the piston pretty bad. The cylinder can still be used but I will need a new piston and ring. Is this saw worth fixing? Any info pertaining to year, displacement, reliability is welcome. Thanks.

A friend of mine told me this Jonsered model was the same as the Husky 35. Is this true? Anyone?

I checked my manual and it looks like the 361 Jons and the 33-35-37 Husky are the same. The Frontier Mark 1, F-35 and FB-35 also Danarm 1-36 and Pioneer P-10 and P-12 are all the same saw. These are not real good saws to my way of thinking. I would never spend the $100 necessary for the parts to put in a new piston. Maybe you can find a donor saw. Mike

email me and I will remember to look for one..i do believe I have a piston for a 35 kicking around that I would be willing to trade for a local pub tshirt..

If carrots are so good for the eyes, how come I see so many dead rabbits on the highway?

Thanks Dennis. Someone gave me a brand new 35 piston today and I will install it on the Jonsered. I figure these saws can't be all that bad. Thanks anyway.

Latest posts

Back