Jonsered 590

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one in about the same condition. They are good running saws for sure.

The saw in the link may have very little time on it, but the decals are so perfect you have to wonder if they've been replaced. Still in good shape though. If the mechanicals are also as good, then it's a nice piece. Almost $300 with the shipping is a little high except for a guy who needs one of them to fill a hole in a Jonsered collection. Parts for these saws are extremely difficult to find, so if you are going to work it, don't beat on the thing.

Good saws and pretty good price.

45mm and can have 1 of 2 cylinders. 1 cylinder like a 490 closed port but 45mm or a modified closed port like I like.

NOS cylinder of the one like.

036cp590c009.jpg

piston style

Copyof590piston.jpg

So far I've read that they are based on the Partner P5000, a stout little 50cc saw that was very good before the 346xp showed up on the scene. Some claims that they out cut a stock 346xp, and best the 5100.

Yes, that seller is a member here as well as on AS. His screen name is 'Arrowhead' and all his machines are thoroughly gone over and in top-notch running condition. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him .. ever.

If thats the case that guy is super honest and would buy from all day.

I'm sure they are a great saw. They are very similar to a 490 with the exception of displacement. I love my 490, 31 years old and still working top notch. Parts can be difficult to find, but I am fortunate to have a local Stihl dealer who seems to be able to find any part for any saw, no matter how old it is, so don't let lack of new parts scare you away from it, somebody will be able to get them. Old J-Reds are fun.

Back