Looking for parts for this old Jonsered 52e(?)....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIYQuestionguy

Reaction score
Hello all. New here. I have this old Jonsered saw that runs and cuts great for about 10 mins before it dies out and then won't restart until cools down. I suspect the ignition module. Looks like this has SEM ignition module. Anyone know where/if I can find replacement? Thank you in advance.
IMG_5275.jpeg

Attachments

• tempImagechyj4x.png
    tempImagechyj4x.png
    12.8 MB · Views: 0
Hello all. New here. I have this old Jonsered saw that runs and cuts great for about 10 mins before it dies out and then won't restart until cools down. I suspect the ignition module. Looks like this has SEM ignition module. Anyone know where/if I can find replacement? Thank you in advance.
View attachment 1143116

Welcome to the site! As you likely know the SEM modules are very hard to come by. Once in a blue moon a NOS one may show up on ebay. Occasionally used ones show up as well but in any case these are generally expensive and used you're still dealing with 40+ year old electrics. However your situation sounds more like a failing coil. Generally when the module fails its over...done..dead. The SEM module and/or correct coil can be used from the 70E as well. They have different part numbers but that is just different length wires.
Another option is if you could find a 52 parts saw cheap you convert the 52E to a 52 points model. These are robust igns and are shared between many Jonsereds models.

Welcome to the site! As you likely know the SEM modules are very hard to come by. Once in a blue moon a NOS one may show up on ebay. Occasionally used ones show up as well but in any case these are generally expensive and used you're still dealing with 40+ year old electrics. However your situation sounds more like a failing coil. Generally when the module fails its over...done..dead. The SEM module and/or correct coil can be used from the 70E as well. They have different part numbers but that is just different length wires.
Another option is if you could find a 52 parts saw cheap you convert the 52E to a 52 points model. These are robust igns and are shared between many Jonsereds models.
Thank you. Appreciate the ideas.

Latest posts

Back