Jonsered CS2147 (Husqvarna 346XP) Assistance Required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blade

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a customers Jonsered CS2147 (Husqvarna 346XP) that came in for a full strip-down and rebuild. New piston & cylinder, plus every seal, gasket, hose, intake boot, bearings etc were replaced (all genuine OEM parts). The Zama carby was also rebuilt. Once assembled, it was pressure tested to 8 bar and had no leaks whatsoever.
Nothing I haven't done hundreds of times before.....however, when I test run the saw it idles at about 3500rpm.
With the usual culprit being an air leak somewhere, I checked torque tensions, all the hoses, gaskets etc, and even swapped the carby and decompression valves.
I re-pressure tested and once again no leaks.
Start the saw, and once again it's running between 3400 and 3500rpm, with the idle adjustment screw doing absolutely nothing.
What am I missing here guys ???? Your thoughts, suggestions, and alike are most welcome as this saw is doing my head in

Head gasket or seal on that saw comes to mind. Does or have the two piece rubber gasket on either side of the crank shaft?

Just checking back.....that saw may have a silicone base gasket that is blown out. It may run but not well and there is no amount of adjustmen in the carb that will heal the that air leak.

Latest posts

Back