Jonsered CS2147 (Husqvarna 346XP) Assistance Required

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blade

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have a customers Jonsered CS2147 (Husqvarna 346XP) that came in for a full strip-down and rebuild. New piston & cylinder, plus every seal, gasket, hose, intake boot, bearings etc were replaced (all genuine OEM parts). The Zama carby was also rebuilt. Once assembled, it was pressure tested to 8 bar and had no leaks whatsoever.
Nothing I haven't done hundreds of times before.....however, when I test run the saw it idles at about 3500rpm.
With the usual culprit being an air leak somewhere, I checked torque tensions, all the hoses, gaskets etc, and even swapped the carby and decompression valves.
I re-pressure tested and once again no leaks.
Start the saw, and once again it's running between 3400 and 3500rpm, with the idle adjustment screw doing absolutely nothing.
What am I missing here guys ???? Your thoughts, suggestions, and alike are most welcome as this saw is doing my head in

Check the screw on the throttle butterfly in the carb, I had one come loose once and it high idled like that. It took a while to find.

Hi Guys,
I have a customers Jonsered CS2147 (Husqvarna 346XP) that came in for a full strip-down and rebuild. New piston & cylinder, plus every seal, gasket, hose, intake boot, bearings etc were replaced (all genuine OEM parts). The Zama carby was also rebuilt. Once assembled, it was pressure tested to 8 bar and had no leaks whatsoever.
Nothing I haven't done hundreds of times before.....however, when I test run the saw it idles at about 3500rpm.
With the usual culprit being an air leak somewhere, I checked torque tensions, all the hoses, gaskets etc, and even swapped the carby and decompression valves.
I re-pressure tested and once again no leaks.
Start the saw, and once again it's running between 3400 and 3500rpm, with the idle adjustment screw doing absolutely nothing.
What am I missing here guys ???? Your thoughts, suggestions, and alike are most welcome as this saw is doing my head in
Did you ever find the problem

Latest posts

Back