jonsereds 621 oil pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Anyone familar with this oil pump. I can't get oil to come out of the thing. I had the pump abart a couple times since it stopped oiling the chain. Shame cause the saw runs like a champ. I am guessing it is a pressure leak problem. All orifices and channels seem clear. Any suggestions appreciated.

I am assuming you have checked and cleaned the screen. Are you saying that no oil at all is coming out of the oiler? Is it possible that the adjustment is closed and no oil can get through? I don't know if this ever is a problem on these saws, but there is a small section of rubber hose that you can see inside the tank from the screen to the pump. Take a look and see that it is connected and in good shape.

If nothing you do seems to work, you can always put on a different oiler. Check with George Blake ([email protected]). I really struggled trying to replace(hard to find the right size) the o-rings on my oiler when I rebuilt the saw and he just sold me the whole assembly.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out. Good luck.

hose

Thanks for your response. I think you hit the nail on the head with the hose in the resivoir. I have had the pump out and apart several times. one of the o rings was damaged and I replaced it as I have a dead 621 for parts. There is no oil coming out at all! I haven't used the saw for a while and just started bucking up about 14 cords of wood. About three cords into the pile the oiler just quit. The screen is clean. It occured to me that there is a hose in the resivoir with a primary filter or something on the end and I didn't see it when I was looking inside and had stuff apart. I am guessing it has disconected but haven't had a chance to look again since it came to me. I will let you know. Thanks again for your reply.

Back