ms200t siphoning oil out?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldtoolsnewproblems

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a freshly built MS200T clone and I ran it breifly the other night but it was too late to tune it. I put half a tank of gas and a full tank of oil in it. over two days about half the oil tank leaked out. it was sitting right side up, and I saw that sometimes the case screws pop thru and cause it to leak, so i pulled the side cover off to expose the oil pump, cleaned it up and let it sit. the next morning it seems pretty clear it is "leaking" from the oil pump slot where it oils the bar, as if its been running all night lol. the oil is clearly leaking above the level of the oil in the reservoir, can these things self siphon? is there supposed to be a check valve in the oil filter?

I have a freshly built MS200T clone and I ran it breifly the other night but it was too late to tune it. I put half a tank of gas and a full tank of oil in it. over two days about half the oil tank leaked out. it was sitting right side up, and I saw that sometimes the case screws pop thru and cause it to leak, so i pulled the side cover off to expose the oil pump, cleaned it up and let it sit. the next morning it seems pretty clear it is "leaking" from the oil pump slot where it oils the bar, as if its been running all night lol. the oil is clearly leaking above the level of the oil in the reservoir, can these things self siphon? is there supposed to be a check valve in the oil filter?
Welcome to the g111, 200t clone. Had one to work on…owner finally gave up and gave it to me. It had the exact same problem.I replaced everything oil related with OE…no joy. Sold it for $100.
my guess is their mold casts are ****ed up.
good luck.

I claim i left it over night with the tank mostly full and the cap off and the oil still leaked out, but I may have only thought about doing that, not actually done it. I'll do a quick check tonight, but I just remembered I started a thread for this build that I never followed up in. any updates will go there:

https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/ms200t-g111-build.367546/

Back