Jonsereds 621

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vtfireman85

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I don’t know if I should toss this straight into the metal bin, or fiddle with it. It was a legal acquisition that I didn’t pay directly for, but by the time all is said and done it won’t be free 😂
Its of interest to me because it’s a Jonsereds, my local dealer used to sell them and I had a love/hate relationship with a Super 930, and also I think it looks pretty cool!
I pulled the cord enough to know it’s not stuck and had some compression and I stopped at that.
Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Roughly what year?

Attachments

• IMG_6370.jpeg
    IMG_6370.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6371.jpeg
    IMG_6371.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Post your photos and questions in the Jonsered thread in the stickies section and you will get better response.

FWIW, the 621 is like owning the first edition overhead valve V8, they were the saws that set the standard for everything that followed. I've owned 5 or more, still have 3 runners.

Mark

Doesn't look in bad condition at all..you shouldn't have to much trouble getting it cuttin again!
I've had my eye out for one for quit sometime ...it's a missing link in my collection.

Ernie

Post your photos and questions in the Jonsered thread in the stickies section and you will get better response.

FWIW, the 621 is like owning the first edition overhead valve V8, they were the saws that set the standard for everything that followed. I've owned 5 or more, still have 3 runners.

Mark
Thanks, I am still struggling with the format here, can I move this thread or should I start another?

I think it's safe to say that the saw hasn't been used much at all. The paint on the rear handle began to wear off quickly on all of the all metal J'reds, and there doesn't seem to be any wear on your rear handle at all. The 621 was a fine piece of equipment, as Mark said, and it would be a shame to scrap it.

I think it's safe to say that the saw hasn't been used much at all. The paint on the rear handle began to wear off quickly on all of the all metal J'reds, and there doesn't seem to be any wear on your rear handle at all. The 621 was a fine piece of equipment, as Mark said, and it would be a shame to scrap it.
Definately a low hour saw for all of the above reasons. A good cleaning will go a long way. Well worth fixing!!

40:1? I know it has ball bearings.
It actually has a combination of ball and roller bearings. Ball main crank bearings and roller upper and lower con rod bearings.

I run all my older Jonsereds on 50:1 using a good quality full synthetic oil. Oil has come a long way since these saws were current. More is not always better using good oil.

Ok. We have bought a few saws from him. The Old school shops are a dying breed around here... its sad.
Gerald died last year, His son Charlie still runs the shop, he was also carrying Dolmar for a while, Scagg, Husqvarna, Echo, Shindaiwa and Lapierre sugaring equipment .. gotta be diverse these days.

Gerald died last year, His son Charlie still runs the shop, he was also carrying Dolmar for a while, Scagg, Husqvarna, Echo, Shindaiwa and Lapierre sugaring equipment .. gotta be diverse these days.
That's too bad. I guess it's been longer than i thought since I've been up there because Gerald was still there last time i was there. We are losing so much knowledge with these old dealers moving on.

Back