jonsereds

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I like Jonsereds, I am confused on that matter.
Sawtroll will be by soon and tell us the facts.
I don't think it was when the elux buy out occurred. I think it was just before that.

As much as I like Jonsereds, I am confused on that matter.
Sawtroll will be by soon and tell us the facts.
I don't think it was when the elux buy out occurred. I think it was just before that.

I am not 100% sure either, but I believe it was an act of E-lux, ca 1979.

Not sure on this as I have two E-Lux 920's one that is marked Jonsereds 920 and one that is marked Jonsered Super 920. Hope this adds to the confusion!

Not sure on this as I have two E-Lux 920's one that is marked Jonsereds 920 and one that is marked Jonsered Super 920. Hope this adds to the confusion!

That should prove that it was an E-lux dead, but proll'y not as early as 1979.......:D :biggrinbounce2:

The 920 was one of the first E-lux Jonsereds, while the 910 was one of the last "pure" ones.

Last edited:

I'll bet that the one with the "S" has the metal starter cover, and the other one has the plastic cover. Is that right?.

The 920 was one of the first E-lux Jonsereds, while the 910 was one of the last "pure" ones.

Something that I didn't expect to find when working on my 900's is that the 910 has an open port cylinder and the 920 is closed port. There is also a difference in the RPM's of the 2 saws, 10,500 for the 910, and 12,200 for the 920. (Or that's close anyway). Although I'm into the pure Jonsered thing, I do feel that Elux made some worthwhile improvements. The 910 had a zip-tie on the intake boot, along with that paper thin cylinder gasket which was prone to failure. (920 gasket works fine) Also the coil-on-plug deal on the 910 is a pain and causes wire fatigue. But get it right and the saw cuts great. They both have the same muffler, so they sound alike. Nice and throaty. They both had the same air filter also, which wasn't that good of a seal, but I suppose it was OK in it's day.

As fullchisel stated you are correct spike60 about the metal verses plastic cover.

I don't know anything about dates and such but I read somewhere the company history(Jred site maybe?)That they were housed in two or three different buildings/places hence the "S" to designate multiples.When they moved the operation to one place the S was dropped.Either that or I just dreamed the whole thing:dizzy:

Back