Jotul F600 Firelight Wood Stove Air Control Lever Fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maul ratt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score

I recently made a video that covers the Jotul F600 Firelight Wood Stove air control lever problem. I offer advice that quickly solves the problem with just a few simple tools. If you find this useful, please leave a comment. Thanks for watching!

I have the same stove its about 4 years old and I've never had a problem with the air lever but, should I get in there and clean out the ashes or do they just fall into the ash pan. Thanks for the video.

The ashes sometimes work their way under the cast iron cover, even though it's bolted down. If your control lever still moves decently, I wouldn't worry about it. If it starts to slide harder, then you know the issue and how to fix it, as shown in the video. Thanks.

I've been dong the tap thing for as long as we have owned the stove. It might be time to open it up.
Tony, let me know if you open it up and get it to work properly. The hardest thing for me was trying to find the extreme temperature spray graphite. Once you buy a can, it will last a long time...

Maul ratt, have you done any videos on burn tube cleaning on the 600?
No I have not... I'll have to look into that. I hired a professional chimney & stove cleaner last year and they took the insulating blanket (located above the burn tubes) and cleaned that and that entire upper area along with the firebox. They never mentioned any maintenance needed on the tubes. If I figure something out, I'll post a video. Thanks.

I've had my burn tube assembly apart and there was no cleaning needed. It didn't accumulate any ash or debris. I have over fired my Jotul F600CB in the past and had warped the two cast iron plats over that tubes that hold up the insulation. It was an easy replacement.

How did you over fire it.

I recently made a video that covers the Jotul F600 Firelight Wood Stove air control lever problem. I offer advice that quickly solves the problem with just a few simple tools. If you find this useful, please leave a comment. Thanks for watching!

I opted for dry graphite on my Oslo, works great. Thanks for the video!

Back