Just a dab of paint

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I'm thinking just a dab of paint can make a saw look better.

My latest aquisition.

Before:

attachment.php

attachment.php

After:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Looks good what kind of paint did you use on the bar and where did you get it? And is it durable?

Thanks

Dan

I don't know if I can say this delicately or not, so I'll just say it. I liked it a lot better before the paint. It had more character and more "honesty."

I don't know if I can say this delicately or not, so I'll just say it. I liked it a lot better before the paint. It had more character and more "honesty."

For once I agree with space I painted one and regret it now. If they've lived a rough life let it show. The real character is in what it looks like after it's been threw the life cycle. Anybody can have a pretty saw, a good old war horse has it's scars. Just me he can do what he wants with it.

The saw looks nice!
I'v been fighting the same problem my self!
Too late for me though got my 3400 all tore stripped and paint bought!
It was one of late g-pa's and he was the one that wore all the paint off, didn't seem right but its too late now.

For once I agree with space I painted one and regret it now. If they've lived a rough life let it show. The real character is in what it looks like after it's been threw the life cycle. Anybody can have a pretty saw, a good old war horse has it's scars. Just me he can do what he wants with it.

i think his saw looks great. but now possum has me re-thinking painting my saw. hhhmmmm...

I think his looks great too, and I think he did a good job on it. I was just saying what I came up with after I did my 1956 Falls. After it was done I wished I'd have left it like it was. Didn't look like the work horse it was at one time.

my 026 is a frankenstein i bought at an auction. looks like it was cobbled together by parts nobody wanted anymore, i mean it looks bad. plastics are very badly faded, with some small breaks here and there. the top plastic is even melted by the muffler pretty badly too. nicks all throughout the top handle, lots of paint missing, etc.
well i love to paint my vehicles and motorcycles black and accent with chrome, as i said, i love that look. so i decided to do the same thing with my saw, chrome bar, top handle, and a few other things done up in chrome while the rest was to be black. i can see it in my head and it looks great to me.
but now S. P. you got me sorta startin to appreciate what the history of this saw must be. it's "story" if you will as only can be told by it's worn and battered appearence. i'm not sayin i'm gonna leave it this way but you did help me to see the beauty through the ugliness, and i think thats cool, thanks.

Latest posts

Back