just a few from Saturday's work.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its all those half cut limbs the climber left about the tree. You can tell the climber is inexperianced when they leave a lot of them. I leave some and sometimes regret it .

I was thinking it might be a term for New Be.
Whatever the hell those stupid terms mean, instead of the words.
Thanks

maybe you guys missed this post so here it is again.

yeah he does a little extra work and works harder than he should sometimes but he's safe, he's been climbing for a couple years but has never really had anyone to teach him the best & easiest ways but I'm trying to change that.

maybe you guys missed this post so here it is again.

Sorry for getting all worked up but I said it was not realy directed to any one person, neither were any other things I said in this post.Its just the way some people refer to their employees and such.Sometimes it seems they are bragging about " my this" and "my that". Not like one would refer to "my wife" at all.

Yes, Rf, your climber looks good. I hope he sticks around and you work together sucessfully. And keep in mind I never called you an uninsured hack and most likely never will.

well well........I'm sorry you are so offended, what should he be called and yes I can climb but chose not to but if he got hurt and I had to go get him then I'd be on it like stink on you know what........I guess I shouldn't say things like my mom, my children or my wife either, sorry but I just don't see your point.

What to call him? I don't know, maybe by his name?

Get a little worked up there ain't we Treemandan?
It's like My son, my wife, my friend right? Is that not good is it?

And 26newtreeguy, Coming in pretty early and giving a respectable member a hard time ain't we? Don't get me wrong..It's kinda fun to flip a little #### here and there but you can take it over board as you did.

Now tell'em you're sorry :buttkick:.

No its not like that and I have no idea what's up with 26newtreeguy but maybe, if we are lucky that is, he will tell us.

I actually just got from meeting a colleague for an estimate where he refered to me as " his climber". It was a slip of the tongue I suppose but for a few seconds I envisioned him a bleeding carcass.
Oh, I know, I have a mental problem.
Anyway, one thing to keep in mind without getting into it is the guy who is working with RF ( I said with) does have a name and since Rf only refered to him as " my climber" and didn't even tell us his name nor introduce him as a person... Well, it bothers me.
I guess its the norm to refer to people generically in this sense... for some reason. And personally, I would like to know his name so I can say " Yo! Blank! What's with all the nubs?":cheers:

It is him that is he who is the real hero of this post( Rf's climber that is). that was a shag-bark?

Last edited:
I actually just got from meeting a colleague for an estimate where he refered to me as " his climber". It was a slip of the tongue I suppose but for a few seconds I envisioned him a bleeding carcass.
Anyway, one thing to keep in mind without getting into it is the guy who is working with RF ( I said with) does have a name and since Rf only refered to him as " my climber" and didn't even tell us his name nor introduce him as a person... Well, it bothers me.
I guess its the norm to refer to people generically in this sense... for some reason. And personally, I would like to know his name so I can say " Yo! Blank! What's with all the nubs?":cheers:

It is him that is he who is the real hero of this post( Rf's climber that is). that was a shag-bark?
Dan, no hard feelings and yes he was the hero of the day and he got paid pretty good also, I don't know if he would be ok with his name on the net so that's why I'm not going to use his name(he doesn't like the whole internet thing) so how about I refer to him as "the man that does my climbing" :cheers: as far as the nubs, I'm working on breaking him from that and yes that was a shag bark hickory.

Maybe you should take up drinking or smoking and lighten up a bit. :hmm3grin2orange:

That always burnt me up when someone referred to me as their climber. Especially when it was someone I was equal with or peer to or even above. I know where Dan the man is coming from on that one. Sounds like we caught him on a day where someone rubbed the Dan wrong. :D

The climber is definitely not afraid to get up there. That's a good thing. Won't take him but one time to have to climb down and free a limb from one of those nubs and he'll be broke from that habit. ;)

The climber is definitely not afraid to get up there. That's a good thing. Won't take him but one time to have to climb down and free a limb from one of those nubs and he'll be broke from that habit. ;)

he is learning the hard way...

Hi Rftreeman,

whow, great pics of high work.

thanks, might have more tomorrow.

Well if your really boss. You would make you climber wear sum safety gear. You problemly don't have any Insurance and if you do it should be cacnle. I bet you don't have workman comp. Well do the right thing before you have sum go up in the tree and do tack down as boss you should thing Safety first. Not last

Before you concern yourself with the climber and insurance you need to learn to read and write, who cares about how that man runs HIS business just shut up and enjoy the picks gump..

So what if I said my buddy? Would that be bad? I never understood why people get so mad about this sort of thing. He has his own business, and he is the boss. He pays him so get over it. If he wants to refer to someone as "my climber" who cares? :bang:

So what if I said my buddy? Would that be bad? I never understood why people get so mad about this sort of thing. He has his own business, and he is the boss. He pays him so get over it. If he wants to refer to someone as "my climber" who cares? :bang:
Yeah I was a :newbie: once.
babyapeman1sj2.jpg

Well if your really boss. You would make you climber wear sum safety gear. You problemly don't have any Insurance and if you do it should be cacnle. I bet you don't have workman comp. Well do the right thing before you have sum go up in the tree and do tack down as boss you should thing Safety first. Not last

Looked to me as though the climber had eyes,ears and head covered. I make my guys wear chaps or saw proof pants but I couldnt tell from the photo's whether he was. I liked the two tie in points for cutting.

Honestly leaving stubs or nubs is a matter of choice if they are on the opposite side to the drop zone. I prefer a clean stick before I take out the top but each to his own.

Latest posts

Back