Just a few pics of a nice load of oak I picked up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moddoo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to get this large oak from a friends land recently.
Here are a few pics of some rounds that I took home.
Rough estimate of the weight in my 1/2 ton truck is about 3200#.:biggrinbounce2:

P4130090copy.jpg

P4130093copy.jpg

This is one of the bigger rounds on a scale - 295.5#:dizzy:
P4130098copy.jpg

P4170076copy.jpg

Last edited:
Those 2 middle pics are massive. Might want to resize. But those look like some huge stumps. I wish I had trees like yours to stack my firewood. Evan

Those 2 middle pics are massive. Might want to resize. But those look like some huge stumps. I wish I had trees like yours to stack my firewood. Evan

Sorry, I resized them immediately.
didn't know they were so big.

Those are rounds from the trunk of the tree.
12 in the truck that time, and 10 another time.
Those pines are nice, I tried to stack carefully, hoping they will stay put.
I have taken a layer off of the tallest stack since then.

nice pics, but your rough estimate is way off.....My lightweight mustang weighs 3K, your truck is a lot heavier than that.....I own the same truck

Last edited:
nice pics, but your rough estimate is way off.....My lightweight mustang weighs 3K, your truck is a lot heavier than that.....I own the same truck

My guess is that he's referring to the weight IN the truck.

Nice load of heat for later, how'd you get them big suckers in the back of the truck? I use ramps and a dolly, but those look pretty cumbersome.

My guess is that he's referring to the weight IN the truck.

Nice load of heat for later, how'd you get them big suckers in the back of the truck? I use ramps and a dolly, but those look pretty cumbersome.

Oh yeah....My bad....

Yeah 3200# of oak.
I rolled them up some 9 foot 4"x5"s I had with me.
It was tough, but not as bad as I thought.

I was fortunate enough to get this large oak from a friends land recently.
Here are a few pics of some rounds that I took home.
Rough estimate of the weight in my 1/2 ton truck is about 3200#.:biggrinbounce2:

Always good to score nice wood like Oak. Good job. :)

Kevin

Nice score ! I also make a ramp out of 2 x 4s and roll my big pieces into my truck and trailer. I know one of these days, i'll be rolling a big rounder up the ramp.... i'll stumble, and its gonna come rolling back over me ! Ouch !

Nice Oak!

Got any more?

I'd love to get some like that, but most people up here in VT are stingy! (They burn it themselves!) But if I were gonna get them, I'd just split them FIRST, then load them in the truck, easier on the back, and I would not worry about looking UP at a round on top of me!

Stay safe!

Shawn

wow! that is really nice. i though i was cutting up an oak tree, but my friend came over and told me it was maple. well, at least it was free. almost 2 cords from the 1 tree.

Latest posts

Back