Just an idea tell me what you think?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TreEmergencyB

TreEmergencyB

ArboristSite Guru
i noticed there is quite a few of us AS members from PA and i was just thinking,
my moms boyfriend of 9 years or so owns 10ac. in Allegeny TWP. Westmoreland county, pa I have free run of. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a GTG on the farm. A time to get away and converse with other climbers see what other guys are doing in the industry, show off your skills, learn somthing new, maybe see a dif saddle feel a dif rope b4 you buy it maybe just meet some AS members in person

IDK just an Idea anyone could come not just from PA got plenty of room to camp park or

Tree Pig

Tree Pig

A.K.A. Stihl-O-Matic
Sounds like a great idea to me we were talking about doing the same thing in Ct.. I wish you luck in pulling it off I think you guys would have a ball.

lego1970

lego1970

ArboristSite Guru
If it was on a weekend that I don't have my son, I'd ride or drive out there. I might not have as much to offer when it comes to tree work as others but I can hold my own. I've done a lot of trucking in Pa. For about two years I damn near called Carlisle home, cause I was there almost every weekend. Last winter I drove a couple oversized A/C units to the University of Pittsburgh where a rigging crane hauled them up 20 stories to the top of the buildings. My saddle is 9 years old and I'd like to buy a new saddle in the next 6 months so I would love to try one of the newer models to see what it's like. I'm always up for a good road trip especially if I can pack my good ole cheap Missouri's finest McCormicks Vodka with some Dole Peach/Mango/Orange juice. :D

TreEmergencyB

TreEmergencyB

ArboristSite Guru
how far you CT guys wanna drive like i said got plenty on room for camp and there will defitney be food and beer for after we done climbing.....or cutting if someone wants to show off there saw:chainsaw:

maybe i can get slayer to bring that fire truck up if i get enuf beer

WolverineMarine

WolverineMarine

ArboristSite Operative
i noticed there is quite a few of us AS members from PA and i was just thinking,
my moms boyfriend of 9 years or so owns 10ac. in Allegeny TWP. Westmoreland county, pa I have free run of. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a GTG on the farm. A time to get away and converse with other climbers see what other guys are doing in the industry, show off your skills, learn somthing new, maybe see a dif saddle feel a dif rope b4 you buy it maybe just meet some AS members in person

IDK just an Idea anyone could come not just from PA got plenty of room to camp park or

I'm over in the Toledo area..I have a fishing trip to Canada and some other stuff going on in October..lemme know though..I'm game..

pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.
. AS Supporting Member.
...especially if I can pack my good ole cheap Missouri's finest McCormicks Vodka ... :D

We did some work for McCormick whisky at their plant in Weston. They have a sewage lagoon that was going to get inspected by the State. We cut the brush out of the water, pulled out some trash & logs [positively no fun, whatsoever], we mowed the banks, cut all the trees off the downslope side, and put in a 900' fence around the top.

All that work was worth driving 50 miles each way for, and they were pretty nice folks to work for.

Oddly, they don't make booze of any sort anymore. It is all purchased from other distillers, and re-bottled at their plant in Weston.

WolverineMarine

WolverineMarine

ArboristSite Operative
where in Canada you coming fishing WM?

My buddy that planned the trip was thinking originally up by Saute St. Marie..but I think he changed his mind to the Canadian side of Lake St. Claire..he's BIG into musky and pike..I've never caught either so it'll be fun to see whats out there..I'm a smallmouth junkie..so if the toothy critters ain't bittin..I'll throw a tube and slay the small jaws...I know there are monster 6+ pounders up there and in the Detroit river.

Latest posts