just another observation,brag .

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
went after a semi dead hickory today. that 036 pro is just hands dn the fastest saw ive owned.my son was going to finish some emailing in his work,and come help me load it. he got there as i was cleaning his drive up.by the way im using that chain u sent ,there russ. good stuff.excuse my braggin.:)

Hey Tony,
What kind of chain did Russ send you? I liked the .325 Oregon LG he sent me for my 026. I assume you are running 3/8" on that 036 though.

I think the chain Tony is referring to here is some 72LG that I tickled before I sent it his way. Very glad to hear that you are happy with it Tony. Have you seen the other stuff I sent out? Russ

It is always easier to hand file a chain that has already been sharpened with a file. Since a grinder wheel and hand file are different profiles, the shape of the filed edge will be different depending on how it was sharpened last.
Tony- Before that chain gets too dull, grab a hand file and match it up in the tooth. Try to follow the edge that Russ already put on it. This might help you see exactly how to hold the file.

And remember, smooth strokes (pick your own dirty joke). :p

yep ,thot id mention the little file guide ,with the little rollers .
i tickled the chain using this ,after i was finished today,and it seems an good way to keep it rite
.im pretty much a keep it rite ,rather than fix it after
its really messed up,person. the wife says im just lazy. course u can t prevent the occasional nail or whatever.
russ im still looking for that stuff. man if i can get the 028 cutting like the 036,thats about all a solo act like me,would need.
by the way this is the first time ive had a saw cut like my old chain man, could give me.
one problem is, ive got new chain on the 028 but every one, has
had a couple o cutters messed up pretty bad.
just a question. is there any way to save the cutters after u
mess up several cutters on something. previously ive not taken all the cutters back to the damaged ones ,with ,not so good result.just hate to ruin a new chain. did rite smart o that after the ice storm.thanks for letting me brag.
ps russ did u get the solo. i sent it last wk.thanksagain bud.
:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back