Just bought me a New Forestry Truck, Old Davey Tree Unit, Pay Too Much?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I went with for the 'billboard'. I drove around for a day looking at work trucks with simple lettering vs wrapped vehicles. I decides a full side wrap looked best.

Just picked up old Davey Tree '94 Ford F700 w/Cummins Turbo Diesel 2 speed rear, and 93,000 miles. Unknown hours. Altec LB650A 55' work height (50' platform) lift inspected and passed 2012 in California. No visible leaks from any part of the boom. Engine drips here and there. Passed Cali inspection this year, and just passed my states safety inspection as well. 11' chip dump, pass through bins in front of dump. I paid $8500 to the seller, plus state tax, title, license.
Today I drove it to the painter 40 miles away, 65mph all the way with 5,000lb chipper. Didn't see excess black smoke, seemed to run great. Owner said :msp_smile:$1,100-$1,200 to paint the whole truck (the last one this company did was $1,175) my company color with a Sherwin-Williams industrial single stage Urethane paint. He said it wouldn't be more than $1,500 if there was more prep/body work etc. Chipper: $400 to paint. Sounds like a very fair price to paint.
I know the boom should be retired in just under a decade, any opinions overall???View attachment 269016

Looks like a real clean truck, that altec lb650 boom reaches like crazy and Is a great boom, as far as retrieing it, 10 years wouldn't bother me just because my previous work truck was 13 years old and it was a material handler , just keep an eye on the cables and that thing will last forever. Good luck with it and the toxic green looks great!

Finished product. I know it was cooler all lime green, but the paint was the attention grabber. Now, the ad is the attention grabber. I prefer a clean all one color look, but as a work truck that doesn't always work. It looks really great in person because it is very large and the vinyl turned out really sharp.

Back