Just Fired stove to test before winter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardy steve

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got a problem . Stove boiling over thru pop off valve. It's not even cold enough to cycle stove either . H2 stove neither wood door or ash door smoking like its a seal. Damper door and clean out door closed . If it was running hot I'd bet on Aquastst . But not . Any suggestion ??thanks

Got a problem . Stove boiling over thru pop off valve. It's not even cold enough to cycle stove either . H2 stove neither wood door or ash door smoking like its a seal. Damper door and clean out door closed . If it was running hot I'd bet on Aquastst . But not . Any suggestion ??thanks
Is the water level low? If the aquastat probe is above the water level it may not read actual water temperature. I was going to say check the pump too, but then the water temp would be hot.

Did you just fill with water before firing? As the water expands it will burble out of the overflow as the water expands with the first fire of the season. Completely normal.

Stove is full. For giggles I popped valve open. Released hot water. It was fine about 2 hours then popped again . Stove has still never cycled ,it acts like seal . Any way to test ?? Or maybe pop off valve is weak because it's just trickling not really blowing off.

Mine is open so I don't know about your pop off valve. Is the water up to temp or is still rising? Is it above the setpoint? I'm thinking it's just expansion. A seal would let the fire burn and the water would be higher than the setpoint of the aquastat.

Latest posts

Back