Just got an email

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just received an email from Farmertech saying that shipments would be delayed past their normal shipping times and shipping would be suspended, I assume temporarily, to Europe altogether due to the coronavirus. I believe them since I have some seals ordered from them a month ago and haven't received them yet. The notice said nothing about other companies operating out of China but I'll have to believe anyone selling Farmertech items will be slow also. Huztl is the main one I imagine.

I know some on this site and others don't like to use Chinese engine parts but some other things are about as good as OEM and quite a bit cheaper. I guess that option is gone for a while. There are, of course, other vendors beside Farmertech but don't know how much they have been affected by this...

Hmmm. I ordered a top end kit from Hutzl on 03-15. Got a shipping email on the 17th. According to tracking, its still in China. I may break down and order a different kit.

I ordered some crank seals early in March and according to Huztl they are just now working on my small order, I ordered the same thing from someone else a week ago and they've already been shipped out and are in the US somewhere.. Now the USPS gets to do their thing for a couple of weeks or so...another week and I'll ask for my money back if I don't get the first one...

Well this is how things usually work for me. I went ahead and bought a Hyway kit from a member here yesterday since my tracking info showed my Farmertec parts were still in China. When I got home I had a package from China. Now I have 2 cylinder kits for a Husky 55. That means I need to buy another blown saw right!?

Speaking of luck, I got a package in the mail today also...it was the seals I had ordered for an 029/039 rebuild except when I opened the package it wasn't the right part, it was seals for an 025 which I didn't order. So I went to the computer and ordered yet a third set of seals, keeping the 025s for future rebuilds, the 029 seals I ordered from Huztl, the first order, is still sitting in China unshipped...now it looks like at least another 2 or 3 week wait....

Back